Chapter 8: Crazy

"Taehyung?"

Minji continues to stare at the young man in her room, trying to make sense of the whole situation while he stands there with his large hands covering his eyes as he feels his face flush in embarrassment.

"I swear, I didn't see anything! Are your clothes back on? I'm so sorry, I just-"

"What are you doing here?" she breathes out, interrupting his frantic rambling. She can't believe that he's standing right in front of her, her eyes welling up slightly as she feels the light ache in her chest. Yeah, I've officially lost my fucking mind.

He hesitates for a minute, his fingers spreading out as he peeks at her, noticing that her sweater has been pulled back in place before letting out a sigh of relief as he drops his arms by his sides.

"So you can see me?" he asks, earning a slow nod from his best friend, who is still recovering from the shock. He feels the excitement coursing through him, glad that she can actually see him now. "Okay, shit, you can see me! Just... I need you to hear me out, okay? I need your help," he states, trying to remain focused as he cautiously takes a step towards her, gauging her reaction. She's not screaming or freaking out, so that's a good sign, right?

"I'm going crazy," she whispers, watching as Taehyung gets closer, now standing about a foot away from her.

"No Minie, you're not. Look, I don't know what's going on either, but you're the only person I trust, so I need you to help me out," he calmly says.

She shakes her head, still in disbelief over the fact that her best friend, the one who's in a hospital bed and has been in a coma for the past two weeks, is now standing in front of her telling her that she's not crazy.

"You're not real, you're not here," she utters, pacing around her room as Taehyung feels slightly hurt by her words, immediately following behind her.

"No, I am Minji, I'm here," he insists, reaching out for her. She can feel a faint, cool touch on her arm as his hand brushes against her sweater, but it's a phantom feeling that she believes is all a part of her imagination. She hasn't had proper sleep in days, and after staying up all night, she's sure that she's imagining all of this.

"No, you're not!" she exclaims, raising her voice slightly as she turns to glare at him. "You're not here," she croaks, tears streaming down her face. "You're in the damn hospital because you got on that stupid bike of yours and got in an accident! Damn it, you're always so reckless Tae," she scolds, furiously wiping away the tears before crossing her arms, defensively taking a step back.

His eyebrows are furrowed, the concern etched on his features as he notices the dark bags under her eyes, guilt immediately consuming him. "I'm sorry Minie," he whispers, his eyes glistening. He didn't mean to cause her any pain, and knowing that she was hurting right now because of him left a nauseating feeling in the pit of his stomach. He didn't mean to get into an accident, it just... happened. And now, he needs her help in order to get some answers.

"First the nightmares, now I'm imagining shit... I really need sleep... or some serious help," she mumbles, a small pout on her lips.

"You're not imagining shit Minji, I'm really here. What do I need to do to prove it?" he asks while she ignores him, falling back onto the comfort of her bed as she closes her eyes, hoping that he'll go away. He notices her lack of response and walks over to the foot of her bed, standing right in front of her as he stares at her soft features, letting out a small sigh before speaking again.

"Okay, you don't want to answer? Fine. You have a scar on your shin that you got as a kid after falling out of a tree, a-and you've got a small bruise! You actually got it four days ago, on your knee, from running into the dresser when you were running late for work," he rambles, trying to recall any little detail he can in order to prove to her that he's there and has been there for the past week.