Chapter 6: You're Not Alone

"Jin's going to kill you," Minji sings out as she walks behind Namjoon to their front door, a bag of take-out food in her hand. She hums contently as she smells the fresh chicken, eager to eat it even though she still feels slightly guilty knowing that Jin had left them some food to heat up for dinner. Namjoon watches her in amusement, shaking his head playfully as he finally opens the door, allowing her to step in first.

"I think I can manage to convince him not to murder me. I'll just tell him we forgot and were too hungry to wait, so we got food on our way back from the hospital," he replies, sitting at the dining table as Minji starts taking out the content of the bag, laying out all the food in front of them before sitting across from her brother.

They sit in a comfortable silence as they begin opening the containers and immediately dig in, eager to get some food in their empty stomachs. Namjoon glances at Minji, noticing the dark bags under her eyes, a result of many sleepless nights. He feels his heart ache in his chest and he thinks about everything that she's going through, wishing that he knew what he could do to make things easier.

He's a bit startled when he hears his sister calling his name, his eyes meeting her as her lips quirk up into a smile.

"I want to say thanks again, for coming with me to visit Tae," she says, staring at her brother while he offers her a small smile.

"Of course, you know I'm always here for you Min," he replies before clearing his throat, momentarily glancing at her again. "So, how are you doing?" he nervously inquires.

Both Namjoon and Jin have avoiding asking her about this directly for a while now, but after going to the hospital with her and seeing her best friend lying in that hospital bed, hooked up to various machines, he couldn't help but worry about how she's handling everything right now.

"I'm fine," she mumbles, feeling her eyes sting as the unwanted tears blur her vision. She stares down at her food, too nervous to look up at her brother while Namjoon feels the lump forming in his throat upon seeing his little sister hurting.

"It's okay not to be fine, I know you have a lot going on right now. Please talk to me," Namjoon pleads, slightly distraught about how Minji is trying to deal with everything on her own. "It's not good to keep everything bottled up inside Minie."

"I just don't want to worry you," she admits, sniffling slightly as she wiped her tears with the sleeve of her shirt, still avoiding his gaze. She felt like such a burden to both Jin and Namjoon lately with all her other issues that she decided to deal with her emotions regarding Taehyung herself. 

"I'm always going to worry about you Min. You're my little sister, it's my job to worry about you and to protect you. I know you're strong and are capable of handling things on your own, but that doesn't mean that you have to be alone. I'm always here for you, Jin too," he reminds her while she nods, letting out a heavy sigh.

"I'm just scared," she whispers, finally voicing out her thoughts as her vision blurs, a new set of tears threatening to spill.

"About Taehyung?"

She nods, clearing his throat as she wipes her eyes again, finally meeting Namjoon's gaze. "He's been in the hospital for over a month now, and there has been no changes or progress. What if he doesn't wake up Joon?" she inquires.

"He's a fighter Minji, and the doctors are doing all they can. They'll make sure to do everything they can to try to save him," he reassures but she shakes her head, the pressure on her chest slowly crushing her as she lets out a small sob.

"They can't save him, they can't do anything. I overheard them talking to Mrs. Kim the other day, he's got two more months before the cut off his support," she utters. "I can't lose him Joon. He's my best friend, I can't lose him, and yet, there's nothing that I can do to help him," she replies, feeling the frustration building up as she feels helpless, the pressure on her chest increasing as her breathing picked up. She chokes out a sob and that's when Namjoon takes action.