Chapter One

Sunday, December 16th, 1673  Eilijah POV

In 2 days my father will have been gone for 10 years. I know he can't see me cause he's a vampire and all.

I only told Jay just like my father told me to.

Today is my 17th birthday and I decided that a nice day in is what I wanted.

I've been looking for those two vampires I saw before my father and I think I found them, but I have to wait and I don't want to leave Jay he's like my brother.

"Hey Els, did you find them" Jay asked walking into my room.

"I think so but I can't go now and I don't want to leave you" I told him.

"How about once a month you leave here we meet in a spot" He tried to reason with me because he knows how long I've been waiting to look for my father and how much I want my father back.

"Maybe, the spot where my dad was hasn't been used in years, we could use that as a meeting place. But I don't know when" I responded to him.

"How about the day before my birthday for February. The day of your birthday. And and the 17th of every other month" He said unsure yet so sure.

"So February 15th, December 16th and the 17th of every other month" I said kinds confused.

"Yeah, that works" He said cheerfully. "When are you leaving?"

"3 days from now and then another days trek to them" I said.

"So 4 days total tell you see them" He asked.

I nodded my head.

I had everything packed I just need food and water.

Jay and I agreed that if they turned me I wouldn't turn him unless he missed a meet up before he found a wife. After that if he found a wife I could go to him and see him.

3 days later

Today's the day I go find them.

Knock knock

I opened my door quietly to see Jay on the other side.

I opened the door so he could walk in.

"Here" He said handing my something.

"What is this" I asked.

"It's a locket I thought you would like, and a simple shirt I don't wear anymore" He said.

"Where did you see this" I ask him looking at it

"In a dream" He replied simply.

"Can you help me" I ask referring to the locket.

He nodded and helped me put it on.

"Okay, I'm ready. See you soon" I said giving him a hug.

I grabbed my bag and went out the door the sun was just coming up, towns men will be getting up soon.