Prologue

Sunday, December 16th, 1656 Carlisle POV

I'm standing outside of the room where my child is being born, waiting for them to say I can come in.

"Mr. Cullen, you had a daughter. And you can come in now" The mid-wife, Kathleen says cleaning her hands.

I nodded going into the room.

I walk over to my wife, Sybil, who's holding our daughter.

"What shall we name her" I ask her.

"Eilijah" She told me weakly.

"Eilijah that's good honey" I said starting to tear up.

"I love you and your father. I'll miss you baby" She said speaking to our daughter.

She handed me the baby, our daughter.

"Kathleen!!" I yelled.

She ran in a minute later.

"Help her please" I sobbed hold in my daughter.

Kathleen ran to my wife's side and checked her to make sure she was alive.

I sat on a chair on the corner of the room.

Kathleen walked over to me minutes later.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Cullen, I could not save her" She said solemnly, walking out of the room.

I cried, this was supposed to be the happiest day of my life instead it became the happiest yet the saddest day of my life.

I look at my daughter and see that she is looking at me with her blue eyes.

I smile she looks like her mother but with my blue eyes.

"Eilijah, your mother loved you with all her heart and I love you with all my heart as well. Now what should we name you. Eilijah Sybil Cullen. You, my daughter, are going to have a difficult life ahead of you."

7 years later - 1663 - 3rd person POV

"Daddy" A young Eilijah yelled running into her father's arms when he walked though the door of their small house.

"Ellie" Her father said picking her up into a hug. "How was your day with Ms. Ryanair?"

"It was okay, she would not let me see you today" The small child said in her father's arms, crossing her own.

"Ellie you can't be mad at Ms. Ryanair for that, you know you cannot come see me everyday. Maybe you should ask her tomorrow" He tried to reason with his daughter.

"Okay, can we see papa to" Ellie tried reasoning with her father.

"If he's not to busy" He said smiling at the small child. "Did you eat, El?"

"Yes daddy, I ate with Ms. Ryanair" The small child yawned and put her head on her father's shoulder.

"Let's get you to bed, shall we" Carlisle said walking his daughter to her room.

"I think Ms. Ryanair likes you daddy" Ellie spoke when her father set her down on her bed.

"Really, what make you say that" Carlisle asked he daughter.

"She told me" She simply said rolling over and falling asleep.

Carlisle wanted to see his daughter tomorrow for her 6th birthday.

He made his father promise that he didn't have to go to tomorrow's hunt so he could be with his daughter.

He had everything in order for tomorrow. He went to his own room and fell asleep.