{17}

(a/n: honestly dont like this chapter but oh well)

     "Fanny?"

     "Huh."

     "Can you explain to me where all of our food cans went?" Pencil stared at her, eyes squinting in suspicion.

     "...I don't know what you're talking about."

     "Don't be smart with me, we're like, friends aren't we?" She smirked, "You can trust me with the truth."

     Fanny winced, "Well. Blocky's younger brother Grassy got lost and was on his own so I had to help him back to his house. He was talking about having no food so I offered him a few. That's all."

     Pencil's smirk slowly left her face as Fanny explained more and more, only to be replaced with a look of digust. Her hands balled into fists and she inhaled a sharp breath, only to exhale and hang back in an attempt to calm herself, "...Fanny, what's our top priority?"

     "Survive."

     "And what do we need to survive? Food."

     "Don't be so uptight," She rolled her eyes, "we can always drop by a supermarket and get more."

     "We already established the city was like a hotspot for zombie activity!"

     "Didn't you consider beforehand what you'd do once we ran out anyway? We wouldn't of lasted off that stuff forever."

     "I didn't expect us to run so low so soon."

     "Then let's go to the store, c'mon." Fanny stood up, already making her way to the door.

     "Fine," Pencil groaned, "but I'm not leaving without a weapon."

     "Go find one then and stop wasting time," Fanny said.

     Pencil pushed past her and to the end of the hall where she stayed, grumbling angrily at her.

Fanny slipped her boots on before waiting patiently at the door. She overheard a conversation coming from Pencil and Match's room, although it was muffled. It didn't take long after that for the two to emerge from the room, Pencil wielding a harpoon in one hand.

"Where the hell did you get that?" Fanny raised an eyebrow, baffled from the sudden appearance of such an object.

"It was my grandparents'," Pencil explained, "they did a lot of fishing, y'know."

"I did not know."

"Well, it works as a weapon!" She raised it up and struck forward with it, making sure it was pointing at Fanny. She stumbled backwards.

"Woah there!!" Fanny yelped, "Don't point that shit at me!"

"Calm down, I'm not gonna, like, stab you. As tempting as it is sometimes." Pencil told her, adding on the last part in a teasing manner.

"Fuck you too," Fanny mumbled, beginning to feel the smallest smile coming onto her face. Once she noticed, she immediately forced a larger frown and stepped out the door to the outdoors without another word. Don't fucking smile, dumbass. She's a murderer.

Pencil and Match came out soon after Fanny did, Match leaving last and being left with shutting the door.

"Let me take the lead," Pencil shot a glance at Fanny, before walking past her to walk in front without waiting for another response.

From a distance away, sitting at a table set outside was Snowball. His attention quickly shifted to them amd called out, "Hey! Where the hell are you guys going?"