(27)

"See? Told you she'd be fine!"

Fanny was lying down on the couch that laid in the living room, eyes shut and likely fast asleep. Bottle never really wondered if zombies slept in the past, guess they did.

"I half expected her to run straight for the door the moment we set her free," Pie remarked

"And I still have no clue how you convinced Pie and Black Hole to go along with this," Pen chimed in, "I mean, really—that's pretty darn impressive!"

"I feel inclined to take that as an insult," She said— although her tone carried no sense of hostility or irritation. For the first time in what seemed like weeks, Pie seemed to have truly started to calm down.

It felt like... things were finally going to get better.

But like a lot of good things, it never came to last.

Remote

Rain pummeled against the window, the occasional thunder cracking in the distance.

Remote laid in bed in pitch darkness, the only light to break it being the lightning flashes that barely made a presence through the closed blinds.

She wanted to sleep.

She felt beyond exhausted, but no matter how long she kept her eyes closed and her body still she wouldn't drift off. She even tried different positions and areas in the bed. It all amounted to nothing.

It had been nearly two days since Liy took off, she hadn't seen her since. All that remained of her was the smell on the half of the bed laying closer to the wall.

She was so upset.

And angry.

Anger over the others, Liy, even herself.

If only things played out differently.

She felt tears begin to form at the rims of her eyes.

Where are you out there?

I hope you're safe... wherever you are.

The storm just kept getting progressively heavier with no sign of coming to a halt. Anyone who was trapped out in the storm was probably going to be long gone come morning.

     I'm probably never going to see her again...

     She felt the oncoming sensation to let tears drip from her eyes, but it never came. Perhaps it was her body's way of saying she'd cried too much recently for it to happen again. Instead, the sorrow just slipped into a state of numbness.

     With her emotions out of the picture, the only other thing she could focus on was...

     ...How incredibly hungry she was.

     It hadn't really hit her until that moment, but she hadn't eaten since the morning Liy had left, and now that she finally realized it, it was practically impossible to take her mind off of it.