[1]

"I thought you'd be more excited now that we've graduated."

     "It's still sinking in."

     Liy opened the door to the passenger's seat of Remote's car, slowly climbing in and shutting herself inside. Remote made her way around to the driver's seat, getting her stuff situated before turning on the vehicle, "It's crazy. Next is college."

     Liy rolled the window down absent-mindedly, "Yeah, but it was just the last day of school. Not our actual graduation. I guess I'm just worried for that, and the future as a whole."

     "When aren't you worried?" Remote teased, "You're just a ball of anxiety."

     "You're one to talk~," Liy retorted.

     Remote pulled out of student parking and began to drive to Liy's house in silence. Liy twisted her head to look back at the backseat, where a long, solid black dress laid, "Is that what you were gonna wear to prom?"

     "Well, yeah. Were gonna, still am."

     "You're still going?" Liy asked in disbelief, her legs bending up into the seat so she could wrap her arms around them, "Even with the sickness going around? I thought we weren't gonna go."

     "Liy, this prom marks the end of our high school life! We can't miss it, everyone is going!" Remote responded, "Also, please put your legs down and buckle up before I end up accidentally killing you in a car crash or something."

     She ignored Remote's request, "Even so, this sickness could be deadly! Do you really wanna be hacking up blood and hallucinating left and right? I sure as hell don't want to! Please! Can't we just stay home? Almost twenty of our classmates are already hospitalized, and who knows how many others are infected! Especially at prom? Y'know? The place where PDA is prominent?"

     "Liy, I'm trying to drive." Was all Remote said. Liy flinched but said nothing more, head resting down on her legs.

     The rest of the drive was in complete silence. They pulled up to Liy's house, Remote parking it before getting out without a word and heading toward the door. Liy made her way out of the car as well, opening the door to the backseat and carefully lifting Remote's dress. She used her leg to shut the door and quickly caught up to Remote, who was waiting patiently by the house entrance.

     "You forgot your dress," Liy handed it over to her.

     "Thanks. And I'm uh, sorry for putting you off. I wanted to make sure I didn't accidentally cause a crash."

     "It's fine. I just don't want you or me to get sick." Liy yanked the keys out of her back pocket and unlocked the door, waltzing inside.

     "Where's your outfit for prom?"

    "I left it in the bathroom."

     "Okay," Remote nodded, "let's go!"

     She charged up the stairs to the bathroom, Liy chasing after her close behind. Remote halted once she got inside, quickly whirling around and shutting the door. Liy twisted the doorknob, but it barely moved. Liy's gaze snapped upward, "Did you lock the door!?"

     "Mayyybeee..." Remote's voice came from inside the bathroom between her small gasps for breath.

     "Open it, ya doof!" Liy called, repeatedly turning the doorknob back and forth. She heard Remote snicker from the other side, followed by a clicking noise. Liy swung open the door immediately, causing Remote to jump back with a squeak to avoid getting hit.

     Liy stuck her tongue out, stepping inside the bathroom and shutting the door. Remote glanced around the room and spotted Liy's outfit hung up. She gasped softly, "...You're wearing a suit, Liy?"