(41.5)

"What did you do!?"

     Match whirled around, twisting her body away from Fanny as she lunged for her. She stumbled backward, reeling away from the infuriated zombie.

     "Well, ain't that a shame."

She pointed the now bloodied knife straight at Fanny, slowly slinking away from her as she did so.

"I never thought zombies were capable of showing affection toward the living, much less you." Match sneered. "I guess this is my revenge." She lowered the knife, gaze slowly drifting toward the tall girl who laid on the grass, coughing up her own blood. "I was originally just going to have you dead, since I thought you didn't care about anyone. Turns out this worked way better than I ever could've imagined!"

"You loveblind piece of shit—"

Fanny knew Match wouldn't be able to understand her. There was no point in spitting insults she couldn't comprehend. Yet, it just poured out with her rage.

"I'm going to fucking kill you."

It was almost as if Match had understood what she said, because her knife was instantly right back up defensively.

Instead of hurling herself straight at the girl, Fanny backed off, making her way back to Bottle's side.

Her neck had been sliced.

She'd last a bit, but not for much longer.

"You killed Pencil."

Match chimed in. Her tone was so... mocking...

"This is what you deserve. An eye for an eye, they say."

In a fit of fury, she ripped the sharp object out from Bottle's hair and shot back onto her feet, twisting around and racing straight for Match. She yelped in terror, attempting to dash off, only to be tackled by Fanny and pinned to the ground.

Match screeched and squirmed, trying to wriggle out of Fanny's grasp.

She lifted the sharp object.

Then she struck down.

Again.

And again.

And again.

"Bottle—"

Fanny hauled herself off of the bludgeoned body and over to Bottle, legs shaky. She let her legs give in, falling onto her knees right beside the girl barely clinging on to her life.

"Don't- don't die--.... shit..."

Fanny bent down to look at Bottle in the eyes. Her eyes were filled with pain.

"It... h...urts..." She choked out.

"...No, this..." Fanny stammered, eyes wide with horror, "This can't be it. I'm not letting you go this easily."

In a moment of pure desperation, she grabbed onto her arm, holding it up to her face.

Then she bit down as hard as she could.