[7]

An....enemy.

A...ne....y

...ey.....

ea......

Le...y...

Leafy.......

Leafy.

     "Leafy!" Liy gasped out, "You're here!?"

     "Yeah! What's up?" Leafy was smiling cheerfully, way too carefree for an apocalypse if you asked Liy.

     "I...I'm so glad to see you alright! Why didn't you answer Tree's message?"

     "Tree's what?"

     "He sent a message out to all of our grade over his phone, did you receive it?"

     "Oh my phone shattered while I was running away from some zombies, what can ya do." Throughout the entire exchange Leafy kept the joyous grin on her face.

     Liy stood back onto her feet, brushing her pants to wipe off the dirt that had caught onto her clothes from the fall she took.

     "Zombies... how many?"

     "Oh, it was a lot. I didn't even risk stopping to count!"

     "A horde?"

     "Yeah, it was big."

     "Where is it now? Do you know?"

     "They usually roam around the woods so I gotta avoid them," She shrugged, "but they are usually right around here! You're lucky they aren't here right now."

     "I'll.. keep that in mind...Are... you out here alone?" Liy asked.

     Leafy paused for a moment, "...Yeah, I am. B-but I was with some friends in the past! They just..."

     The smile left her face.

     "Well, I'm sure you could come back with me! There's seven others, I'm sure they wouldn't mind an extra person."

     "No, it's fine," Leafy assured with her smile returning to her face, although it was weaker than before, "I'm alright out here! The woods are... home."

     "Well, if you insist..." Liy said, "it was nice seeing you okay. You take care, alright?"

     "Yeah, you too!"

     "But before we depart, uhm... have you seen Pencil anywhere?"

     "Pencil?" Leafy's eyes widened in terror.

     "Y-Yeah!" Liy stammered, unnerved from the negative response, "Y-You know, uhm... I saw Bracelety... yesterday, a-and I found you now... so I wanna know how P-Pencil is doing!"

     "Don't look for her."

     She froze, "...What?"

     "Don't look for Pencil!!" Leafy shouted, panicked, "If you want to live you'll stay far, FAR away from her!!"

     "I don't understand Leafy... what happened to Pencil?" She felt her heartbeat increase rapidly. Is she dead?

     "LIY..." She lunged forward and gripped Liy's arms firmly, staring at her straight in the eyes. Her eyes were filled with horror, "DON'T LOOK FOR HER. PROMISE ME!"

     "O-Okay! I won't!" Liy burst out. Her legs were trembling in fear.

     Leafy released Liy's arms and took a step back, "...Good."