[34.5]

???'s POV

What...

Where.. am I...

My eyes opened to the scenery of the interior of a closed up tent, a dim light illuminating what little space the area provided. The tent was littered with all sorts of supplies. Whoever lived in this tent certainly stacked it out as much as they could with what they were given.

I squirmed around under the thin blanket draping over me, attempting to stretch out my muscles. I felt like I'd slept for an eternity.

My eyes traveled over to a section of the tent that seemed to be filled with more personal belongings rather than essentials. One of the possessions had 'Loser' printed onto it boldly, the edges of the text ever so slightly smudged.

"Wow... what a name."

"What?"

A raspy voice came from outside the tent, followed by a loud zipping noise. I watched as the tent opened up and a short, blond teenager stepped in, baby blue eyes wide in shock, "You're awake!"

"Yeah... Are you Loser? How long have I been out...?" I asked.

"Not any more than a bit over half a day. Also that's certainly my name! Nice to meet you! And what's your name?"

I ignored his question, "Where are we? Why am I here?"

"Next to the island's shore," Loser told me, "and I should be asking you that second one. You randomly appeared right outside my tent all scraped and bruised. Your leg was totally broken, too."

"My leg's broken?" I felt my heart stop, "I can't outrun zombie hordes if I have a broken leg..!"

"Oh, zombie hordes? You don't have to worry about anything like that down here. I've been by the shore for a week and not a single zombie has disturbed me. All zombies that fall down here are pretty much dead or rendered immobile. You're really lucky to have survived, much less get out of it with just a mere leg injury."

"..."

"Now, what did you say your name was?"

"...Leafy. My name is Leafy."