Chapter 36: Simon

We walked into the gym. The multicolored lights flashed as music played. Students danced and talked all around the gym.

"Can we look for our friends?" I asked.

"Sure." Jasper said.

We walked around the gym, until we spotted Felix and Chance by the snack bar. Chance had on a black suit and tie, with black shoes. His fresh haircut was noticeable. His brown skin shined in the multicolored light.

Felix wore a dark blue suit with a white turtleneck sweater and white shoes. His hair was combed through.

"Hey guys." I said. Jasper smiled at them.

"Aw, look at you guys holding hands like the nice couple you are." A voice said behind us. We turned around to see Quinn. They adjusted their glasses, a smirk on their face.

"Heh. Yeah. We are a nice couple, aren't we, Sy?" He asked, pulling me closer, with a clever smile on his face. He kissed my forehead.

"Mhm." I hummed, smiling.

Quinn had on a clean white shirt, with black pants and suspenders. Their gray converse squeaked against the gym floor as they walked closer. Their black hair was slicked back except for one piece that hung over their forehead.

"Quinn. You look amazing." Chance said, gazing at them. Quinn blushed.

"Thank you. You look really handsome."

Chance chuckled.

"Do you two kooky kids have a thing for each other?" Felix teased, pointing at Quinn, then Chance.

"Uh- u-um.." Quinn stuttered.

Chance looked somewhere else, clutching his arm.

Jasper, Felix and I laughed.

•••

We all danced together in a circle and laughed, the music booming through the gym.

"Nice moves, Felix." Chance said, snickering. Felix was doing some weird dance move with his arms as he laughed.

The song stopped. The DJ grabbed his mic.

"Alright kids. These next few songs will be slower and more romantic. Grab your partner and enjoy this moment."

A different song came on.

"Guys, do you think I should ask Carrie to dance?" Felix asked, pointing at Carrie, who stood by the bleachers. Looking around. She had on an orange dress that went down to her knees and black heels. She usually wore braids but this time her black curly hair was styled into a low bun. She looked really nice.

"Oh, ey"

"You don't know, babe"

I sang the lyrics in my head.

"Go for it." I said.

"When you hold me"

He smiled, nodded and walked over to her. He talked to her, making her laugh. He blushed. She nodded, and put her hands on his shoulders. He put his hands on her back and they rocked back and forth, talking and smiling.

"Wow." I said, smirking.

"And kiss me slowly"

"It's the sweetest thing"

"Hey, Quinn? Wanna dance?" Chance asked, smiling at them awkwardly. I truly do think they would make a nice couple.

"And it don't change"

Quinn looked excited. "Sure!" They said, grabbing Chance's hand. His eyes widened at the sight of their hands touching. As they went to dance. "You guys enjoy yourselves!" Quinn said excitedly, while Chance shyly smiled and waved.

"If I had it my way"

"You would know that you are"

I chuckled to myself and shook my head.