Chapter 31: Jasper

We broke apart and stared into each other's eyes. But mine were glossy. I felt a tear escape my eye when he quickly wiped it with his thumb.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing's wrong. It's what's right that's making me cry." I said, a cupping his cheek. "It's you. I love you." I said.

His eyes widened, trying to process what I had just told him.

I hope he'll say it back.

"I love you too." He managed to croak out, smiling.

"Will you be mine, then?" I asked.

His eyes lit up. "Yes! I will!" He exclaimed. I lifted him up by his waist and spun us around. We laughed. I put him down and he pulled me into another kiss.

We broke away, but I wrapped my arms around his waist, with his head resting on my shoulder. We stayed like that for a couple minutes.

He pulled away.

"I have to go, now." He said shyly.

"I'll walk you home." I said, adjusting my glasses.

I held his hand as we started to walk. He blushed.

•••

After I walked Simon home I walked myself home.

I knocked on the front door of my house. Vincent opened the door.

"Well, how did it go?" He asked, letting me into the house.

I looked at him with a triumphant smile on my face.

"Ah. I see." He smiled and patted me on the back. "I told you he felt the same way."

I went upstairs, walking into my room. I closed the door and fell on my bed, sighing in relief. I smiled to myself as I thought about him.

He was my boyfriend now. I was his.

I thought about that school dance thing. I imagined us dancing together, with my arm around his waist, his hand on my shoulder. Laughing. Smiling. Telling him how crazy I was about him.

Maybe if I call him..

I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

"Hey." He said. I could sense he was smiling.

"Hi. Um, would you like to go to the dance with me? It would be fun! We could.. dance." I said nervously, hoping he would say yes.

He was quiet as I awaited his answer.

"Yes. I would." He said.

"Oh okay! It's at seven. Would you like me to pick you up at 6:30?"

"That would be great!"

"Oh okay. Well, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and punched the air, whispering 'yes' to myself over and over again with a grin spread across my face.

Wanting Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें