Chapter 30: Simon

This couldn't be happening.

Oh, god. Why?

I could feel my body heating up as I silently breathed out.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, looking away trying to act cool and calm.

"Y'know, people usually say that when they do know what someone is talking about."

"Jasper. I don't-"

He cut me off.

"You've been blushing a lot. Which you're doing right now. What's with that, hm?" He pushed.

"Um.."

"Remember when we were walking to class that one day and you tripped? When I caught you, you looked at me in a way that you don't look at anyone else. I saw it in your eyes. Not only that, you can't stop staring at me in any of our classes."

"You were staring too!"

"Heh. But you already know how I feel about you. Right?"

My heart fluttered at those words. His voice was so smooth. I couldn't take it.

"But you already know how I feel about you. Right?"

"And why did you tell me you that you knew I still felt something for you?" He pressed.

"Because, I- well, um, I like seeing you.."

I stopped.

He raised his eyebrow. "You like seeing me what?"

"I like seeing you all flustered! Okay?? It's cute and.."

He looked at me in disbelief, his cheeks were getting rosier.

I sighed.

I got up and walked over to the climbing wall. He followed me.

"I-I-"

"And you're stuttering." He said slyly.

"Fine! You wanna know how I really feel, Jasper? I do have feelings for you."

Oh no.

He stayed quiet.

"I can never stop thinking about you. Thoughts of you invade my mind 24/7. It never ends. You could literally just smile at me and my knees would feel weak. I could do as little as hear your voice and get that thumping feeling in my chest. That's how much of an effect you have on me. It's the way you look, they way you talk, walk, everything. When I'm around you, it's so overwhelming and euphoric and ethereal. I get this aching, wanting feeling. I want you, Jasper."

"Why didn't you want to tell me?" He asked quietly.

"I wanted you to get over me. I knew you were trying to get over me, I could see it in you. I wanted to get over you too, to make it easier on the both of us. I had already rejected you two months ago and I didn't want it to feel like I was holding you back. I just realized how I felt a few weeks ago. Now you're making me pour out my heart." I explained to him. He was speechless, his eyes widened, searching my face.

I can't believe I just did that. Nothing can save me from this embarrassment.

He broke eye contact with me for a few seconds, then started walking forward. For every step back I took, he took one forward. I felt nervous.

What's happening?

"Y-you got what you wanted. W-what now?" I stuttered.

My back was now pressed against the cold climbing wall. Jasper looked down at the ground.

We're so close. Just inches away.

My whole body tensed as I tried to make sense of what was going on.

He looked up, making eye contact. His eyes stared straight into my soul.

"More than two months, of longing for you. I guess not getting over you finally paid off." He whispered.

He pulled at my waist and with that we melted into each other. He rubbed my neck with his thumb softly  as he passionately kissed me. I kissed back subconsciously. The flutter only intensified. One of my hands was at the back of his head, while the other was one his right arm.  My mind raced with thoughts, but my lips knew what they were doing. I got that weak feeling in my knees, but I could only focus on how soft his lips were. How well they moved against mine.

He's kissing me.

And I don't want him to stop.

He invaded all of my senses. There was raw emotion in the way he hungrily kissed me as his glasses gently pressed on my face.

It felt right.