Chapter 14: Jasper

I sat in my room. Tomorrow was Saturday and all I could think about was Simon. All of those thoughts of him made me feel like I going mad.

I don't, like him, do I?

I jumped up from my bed in frustration, confusion, and tiredness. I went to Vincent's room, which was all the way down the hall. The cold, wooden floors touched my feet as I reached the door. I knocked.

"Come in!" He said. I opened the door. He sat on his bed, phone in hand. There was calm music playing in the background. I raised my eyebrow.

"Since when do you listen to this kind of music? You usually listen to rock."

"I don't know. Just stumbled upon some online and got hooked. It's relaxing. Anyways, what do you want?"

My heart got that funny feeling again.

Damn, not again..

I ran my hands through my hair.

"I.. need some help, with.. the way I feel."

"Oh?" He pat the spot next to him, gesturing me to sit down. I closed the door behind me and sat down.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked?

"Well, there's this person, and they make me feel all weird. It feels so good to be around them. They always make me smile. My heart loses control whenever I'm with them. My stomach does all these flips, palms sweaty, a-and-"

Before I could finish, he started snickering.

I frowned at his amused expression. "What's so amusing about that? I feel like I'm going mad!" I exclaimed, facepalming.

"Yeah! Madly in love!" He laughed.

I took a few seconds to process what he had just told me. I was speechless.

Love??

What?

"L-love? What the hell, do you mean love?" I stressed the last word in disbelief and desperation.

"Well, I exaggerated. Maybe it's not love. But you do have feelings for them. All those things they make you feel are signs of you being attracted to them. Simple." He shrugged.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely, positively sure."

I processed everything that I had heard him say, slowly believing it.

I guess that would explain the feeling I get every time we made physical contact.

And how excited I am to see him, but how nervous I get when I'm around him.

Not to mention that I still have that urge to run my hands through his ha-

"O-oh. Okay. I guess.. that makes sense." I admitted to him, sighing.

"Good. Now, may I ask how you're going to deal with it? And.. maybe, who this person is exactly?"

"Well, I don't know.. I mean.. I don't think I'll tell them. And um.. it's Simon." I mumbled. I could feel my cheeks heating up. I put my hands on them.

"Simon? You mean, the one that's coming over tomorrow?" He questioned. I sensed surprise in his voice.

"Y-yeah, that Simon."

"So, does this mean you're.. gay?" He asked, his voice softer.

I looked him in the eye.

"Yeah, I guess I am." I said.

"Cool. I accept that. I accept you." He gave me a sweet smile. I hugged him.