°10•Phone call

Hanna

What, what’s going on? I say in my head when something disturbs my sleep. Then I hear it for a second.

Ah, it’s my cell phone winning.

Who can it be at this hour?

Shit! I should have listened to my sister and switched off the ringing tone of my mobile phone before I went to sleep. I have to hurry and answer before it wakes anyone.

“Johnny? Why are you calling at this hour? Do you know what time it is?” I hear him chuckle at the other end of the line.

“Don’t be like that doll. You know you want to kiss me again. How about doing another round of it?”

“Are you crazy?” I say in a breathy voice. “Did you see what time it is? You can forget it. I will never join you wherever you are.”

“So it’s a good thing I’m already in front of your house then, and you better come and open the door before I wake someone else.”

My eyes widen. “Did you hit your head as a baby for doing something this foolish?”

“I love your smart mouth.” Johnny chuckles.

“Oh, shut up!” I feel my face flush because of his stupid remarks.

I decide not to take the risk. I walk down the stairs and open the door. I can’t believe Johnny’s here. He has the nerve to look at me with a smile, and what a smile he has.

Abord! Abord! Abandon the ship! Abandon the ship!

Hashtag, I’m going crazy.

“What, no invitation in your room?” He dares to ask me.

“No,” I stand my ground.

Johnny pouts. He actually pouts. “Please, doll, don’t make me beg.”

I shake my head. “You should go. I’m closing the door now.”

“I can always ring the bell.” He challenges me with a stupid smug on his face.

I could have easily slammed the door in his face, but I did something foolish instead. “Ugh, you’re persistent, aren’t you? Fine.” I take his hand in mine and guide him to my room. I know I know, I made it too easy for him.

As we go upstairs, he lets go of my hand to rest both hands on each side of my waist.

Keep walking. Keep walking. I repeat over and over to myself. Pay no attention to his hands.

“By the way, I love your PJ.” He whispers to me while I let him into my room. I’m looking down. Shit, it’s a simple tank top with the Grumpy Smurfs that says, I’m smiling from the inside, with a pair of blue shorts.

Ugh, kill me now!

If I run to cover myself with the blanket on my bed, he’ll think I’m crazy.

I clear my throat. “Now, you will tell me what the hell you’re doing here?”

He takes my chin as he leans towards me and kisses me tenderly. Johnny’s tongue invades his tongue in my mouth. I don’t stop him. We keep on kissing, and he takes a step towards me, pushing me back until my legs hit the bed. He takes one strap from my tank top to let it slip down my shoulder. Johnny presses his lips on it. He goes up to my neck, and I shiver from his touch.

Isn’t this a bit too fast? My mind tries to reason with me.

Why not stop him, then? Because deep down, I know I want this.

Oh, my god, but what am I saying? I barely know the guy. I guess my mind wins over my desire. I push him a little to stop what we’re doing.

“What, don’t you want this?” Typical guys and their stupid questions. Of course, he would ask that question.

“Hmm, well, I have never done this before. For me, it will be my first time.” I struggle to talk to him.

Here comes the laughing part.

He surprises me as he cups my head, so I look him in the eye. Johnny pulls a few strands of hair from my face to the side as he looks at me tenderly.

“Do you want to do this? No pressure.”

“What I want to know is why you’re so nice to me, but at school, you are a real jerk?”

“What can I say? You bring out the best in me. But don’t tell anyone. I have a reputation to maintain.”

I frown at his comment.

“I’m joking. I’m joking.” He says when he sees my expression change.

Suddenly I hear someone knocking on the door.

Shit, I’m doomed. I say in my head as we stare at the door with our eyes wide open.

“Hanna, are you alright, darling? I heard noises.”

Crap, it’s Jerry!

He must have finished working and has just come home. If he sees Johnny here, I won’t be the only one who will be doomed. If he found Johnny here, who knows what he would do to him?

Quick! I have to think of something before it’s too late.

“Hmm, yeah, I just had a nightmare, that’s all,” I answer him, trying to be convincing.

“Okay, good night, darling.”

I wait for him to walk away before I let out a sigh. I’ve been holding back since I heard Jerry speak.

Johnny strokes my cheek with his thumb and looks at me like I’m the most beautiful thing in the world.

“Well, that was a close call.” He tells me as he leans down to kiss me.

“How did you get my number?” I say while I interrupt his action.

He smirks. “I have my ways.”

“That’s it. That’s your answer?”

“Ok then, let’s make a deal. I’ll tell you if you tell me about your scar.” I kiss him instead because I’m not ready to talk about this.

Johnny arches his brows. “Does that mean you want to continue where we left off?”

“Yes, now kiss me before I change my mind.”

“As you wish, doll.”

I know it sounds sudden, but when you feel it is the right time, you feel it. Even if I decide to wait, who says the person who comes after will be the one I’ll spend my life with? A person can wait for the perfect time with someone, and nothing guarantees he can become a psycho. So for me, I know this is it. Tomorrow is another day. I’ll worry about this, then.

I surprise him when I grab his collar and bring him down to my lips as I kiss him with everything I got. He let me go for a second to make sure that’s what I want, and when he sees in my eyes that I want this. He kisses me with the same passion.

Well, I guess there is no going back now.

Vote & Comment