°7•Say what?

Hanna

Finally, it’s Saturday! Today, I didn’t have to choose a specific outfit. I went with a simple choice. Since I decided to wear shorts, I put on my boots to hide the scar on the back of my leg. I didn’t need an audience to stare at it. I’m wearing a simple black t-shirt.

“Do you think Ian and I will ever be friends again?” Viola asks me, interrupting my thoughts. I look at her surprisingly while I drink my mocha with whipping cream. I didn’t expect her to ask me that.

“I didn’t know it was something you wanted to happen.”

“Well!” I notice her cheeks turn rosier as she tries to speak.

“OMG! Do you love him?” I shout. Oops, maybe too loud?

Her head turns from right to left to ensure no one hears me. “Careful much!” Viola snaps at me.

I raise my hands in defence. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to shoot it.”

She les out a scoff. “You better be, Miss Johnny Lockwood!”

“What?” My eyes widen at her comment. “No, I’m not!” Shit, was it too obvious in my reaction?

Viola snorts. “Yeah, right!”

Shit, she read right through me.

Viola looks at her watch. “Damn it! I did see the time pass. I have to go. My mom is waiting on me. Do you want a ride home?”

“No, it’s okay. I’ll call my sister or something. Talk to you later?”

She takes her bag, removes her keys, and walks away, but not before weaving at me before she leaves.

“Come on, pick up, pick up!” I say out loud while biting my nails. Fucking shit! She didn’t answer Jerry either. Guess I’ll walk then.

As I step forward, I swear I hear someone following me.

I look behind me. Wasn’t he also at the coffee shop? Creepy much!

An idea pups inside my head. I’ll walk into this store and see what he’ll do. Five minutes passed, and he didn’t move. Ten minutes pass. He’s still there. Fifteen minutes pass, no change.

What? It’s been thirty minutes now, and he hasn’t moved from his spot, and now he’s looking over here. Hide, hide. As my hands shake, I grab my phone to try my sister again. She still doesn’t answer for the second time, and still nothing.

Awesome, now what? My heart is hammering inside my chest as I try to find a solution.

Hashtag, I’ll have a heart attack before I turn thirty.

“Hanna?” Did someone say my name?

“Johnny?” Great, as if I needed him mixed in with my current problem.

“You were trying to hide from me, doll?” A smug is written all over his face.

Ugh! What would I give to slap that smugness out of him.

“No, you twat! I’m hiding from someone else.” I snap at him. “The one with the green shirt,” I whisper to him as if the one outside can hear me speak.

“Who did you say it was again?” Oh, now he decides to be serious.

“The one with that fucking green shirt! I had been here for about thirty minutes, and he still didn’t budge from his spot. I tried to call my sister, but she didn’t pick up her cell phone.”

Johnny scratches the back of his head. “What about your parents?”

I shake my head. “I, I can’t.”