➳ 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Eyes fixed on the desk. That's where Jungkook kept staring during the whole trial. According to his lawyer, there was a big possibility of him getting additional years from escaping prison, so he just expected the worse. 

It was his second day there, and as the prosecutor kept on talking, he remained relaxed in his chair. That is, until his lawyer stood up to bring out the last person to testify against Min Yoongi, who was also inside the big courtroom on the other side. 

Jungkook opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it. Whatever he was about to say, he changed his mind as he watched Jieun crossing the room. 

He inhaled, straightening sharply, every muscle in his body going stiff with alarm. He was beyond surprised to find her there. 

Jieun sat quietly, and for a brief moment, their eyes met. 

He had no idea what she was thinking or what she was feeling, but just to see her again, one of the many knots that had been suffocating his heart loosened. 

Her attention was abruptly dragged back by the man so she could tell them her full name, and where she went to school. Then, the questions about the horrible night she had to endure were asked. 

Jieun told everything her mind was capable of recalling. She told what she found out, the conversations she heard between Jin and Kai while being held captive, how somewhere during the day he tried to rape her, the drugs, and finally, who saved her from them.

Jungkook glared ferociously at Yoongi during her testimony. Words couldn't describe how much hate he was holding for this man now. 

"And may I ask, what kind of relationship you and my client, Mr. Jeon Jungkook had?"

Staring at her hands that were shaking ever so slightly, her voice lowered as she answered, "We... we dated for a while."

"During this time, did he ever mention selling drugs in school, or anywhere else?"

"He never told me anything," she said. "I found out when he got arrested."

"Was he perhaps scared of you turning him in?"

"Jungkook had his reasons for hiding this from me..."

"Are these reasons valid for you?"

"Yes. They are valid."