➳ 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

The whole trip to Jungkook's house happened in complete silence. He didn't want to talk about the fight, and it seemed like Jieun didn't either.

Because she knew it was somehow her fault.

When he parked, she suddenly felt a few butterflies in her stomach. Perhaps she'll finally meet a member of his family there?

But to her disappointment, the house was empty again, just like the last time. Jieun took off her heels while Jungkook tiredly threw himself on the couch, followed by a soft growl.

"Your kitchen is there, right?" she pointed at the entryway. He nodded with his eyes closed.

Silently, she entered the small room. Jungkook's kitchen was (unlike hers) a bit unorganized. It had a few dirty dishes in the sink and many, many, instant noodle cups around the counter as if it were the only thing available to eat.

Jieun wondered if his mother was ever around to cook for him and his brother. She was beginning to worry about their health.

Inside the refrigerator, she found bottles of soju and cans of beer. Which could explain why he always seemed to smell like alcohol all the time.

When Jieun returned with a bag of ice, Jungkook wasn't there. She frowned for a moment, then caught the dimmed light coming from his room.

Jungkook was standing in front of his computer desk, and after hearing her steps, he quickly closed his drawer.

"There you are," she asked, shutting the door. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing."

"I found some ice for your bruise. Sit down so I can take a look."

Jungkook obeyed, leaning against the bed frame. She sat on her knees by his side and cupped his jaw, pushing to side to see it better.

He winced and hissed. "Ouch, Jieun. That hurts."

"Quiet. It's your own damn fault," she began by placing the ice on his face below the left eye. "You had no right to hurt Taehyung like that. Especially after he just helped me with those guys."

Jungkook decided to keep his mouth shut to avoid another scene. He didn't want to admit it, even to himself, that what happened there was a pure act of jealously.

Jieun lifted her eyes to him. She had that look again. The worried one.

"What?" he asked.

"I was just wondering when... when I'll be able to see your mother."

Jungkook blinked slowly.

Because of his non-reaction, she pursed her lips hesitantly before continuing. "It's my second time here at your house, and... well, I just wanted to meet your family."