➳ 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Jungkook sat at the side of the training field, twisting his hands anxiously between his knees, leg tapping against the floor as he watched Jieun and the rest of the other cheerleader girls practicing new movements.

He knew if he failed to show up in school, he'd be calling himself guilty, and it wouldn't be long before the police knocked on his door.

But morning has passed and nothing.

"Hey!"

Jungkook looked down and saw the only person who could make him forget all the problems and smile.

"I've been calling you since forever," she giggled while drying off the sweat with a towel.

He stood up to walk down the stairs. Once they got closer, he reached for her hand between the barrier that separated them and gently kissed her knuckles.

"Sorry."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "How's Lucas?"

"Still in the hospital... I wanted to stay, but my mom said she'd call me if they needed anything."

"Ok."

"We're done here, so I'll meet you inside the hallway."

He nodded, slowly making his way out of the field.

The dealer have been trying to maintain the calm since the day before but couldn't stop the trembles that quivered thought his body.

It was the fear.

The gravity of the situation reached a new level, and it was impossible to ignore. Even if, by some miracle, Jimin's father hadn't recognized him there, and he successfully managed to escape this one big problem, his conscience did not reassure him.

It bothered to a point it wasn't letting his mind work.

When Jieun found Jungkook, he was leaning against the locker, waiting for her. Her hair was damp from the shower, and she wore her normal clothes.

While she kept telling him how exhausted these practices were, and that she seriously thought about quitting, he said nothing back.

Jieun then paused to push the locks from his eyes. "Why are you spacing out so much today?"

His head lowered to her. "... am I?"

"Yeah... Like you're worried," her smiled faded, and she frowned. "Did something happened?"

Jungkook cleared his throat, forcing a smirk. "No, I just get distracted whenever I get to watch your practices. Seeing all these pretty girls flying around with such beautiful legs- ouch!" he feigned a hiss and grinned.