10 - My Guardian Angel

☻♡

☻♡

10 - My Guardian Angel

As soon as Luke disappeared when it turned 4 A.M., Ashton was looking for the angel. Throughout the woods, back to the lake, even throughout the nearby streets, and all over again. And he could not find any trace of the angel.

He was stressed and annoyed that he couldn't find or talk to the angel in order to apologize, but he was also oddly thankful. Michael was getting better at hiding himself and that was needed for him and his safety out here as a casted away angel.

Obviously, Ashton didn't know if Calum had found Michael in the woods when he went to go look for him. And if he did, he didn't know how their conversation went.

Now that it was only an hour until another 3 A.M. hour, Ashton patiently waited at the lake by himself.

If Michael's and Calum's conversation went well then Michael would be here in no time, waiting for the lake residing monster.

He could only hope that it did go well. Both so he could talk to the angel himself and because he truly wanted Michael to be in a good standing with Calum and vice versa.

If any of the four of them weren't in a good standing with one another, Ashton could only focus on how weird and unnatural it felt.

He scoffed at himself and his thoughts when he looked out at the dark lake that has taken thousands of Calum's victims.

Ashton was becoming soft for no damn reason and he didn't understand why or how. He didn't even know the other three that well, but he felt the same way that Luke was telling him he felt.

"You're staring like Calum does."

Ashton suddenly heard another voice, making him quickly turn around to see the angel standing there, staring at him stare at the lake.

"How did I not sense you?" He asked confused. He didn't sense one ounce of purity within the air.

Michael smiled bashfully, "I've been working on concealing it."

"Well it definitely worked, angel." He complimented his new ability, "I didn't sense you at all. You almost gave me a heart attack."

Michael smiled softly again at this, nodding silently in order to accept the compliment. He didn't know what to say to Ashton, he didn't understand the demon as a person and he didn't understand what he wanted.

"I'll be honest with you. When I first found Luke frantically running around looking for you, my plan was to torture him by taking you and using you for your blood." Ashton saw Michael flinch from this and he also saw him move his cut arms behind his back.

"But as soon as I took you I saw what Luke sees in you. And I saw what I know Calum sees in you. It's pure innocence and beauty, something that I never believed to be true. But it's true because you're standing right in front of me, angel. This is all confusing and I don't understand it. But I'm here to protect you. Always."