12 - Purgatory

☻♡

☻♡

12 - Purgatory

"It's so...bland."

The demon frowned as he looked around the new gates he's never been inside of before. The angel agreed with a short nod, also taking the time to look around with slight distaste.

Heaven was full of light and sights of Renaissance beauty. Countless paintings and statues would fill the gates, reminding the angels of the beauty of the world.

Hell was full of Victorian castles and burning fire, reminding the demons of the evils of the world that they found dark pleasure in.

Purgatory was bland like Ashton had put it. Endless land and a never ending grey sky was what consumed purgatory, left to leave the monsters desperate for their release at 3 A.M.

"Well it's home now." Calum told the demon, leading them to where he resided during the 23 hours, "So try to find the best out of it."

"I never said I didn't like it." The demon muttered as his eyes kept analyzing the dead grass crunching underneath his black boots.

A soft nudge to his arm made Ashton look at the angel who asked, "What's Hell like?"

Luke—who was on the other side of Ashton while Calum was in the front of them—scoffed, "It's nowhere you'd like, Michael angel."

"Sorry. I was just wondering." Michael said worriedly, afraid he made Luke mad.

"I didn't mean it like that." Luke tried when he saw the worry, "It's just nowhere a precious angel like you should be. You deserve the best."

"Thank you." The angel blushed lightly, making the monster chuckle and nod.

"Heaven is full of light, Purgatory is full of grey, and Hell is full of darkness. It's full of fire and violence. It's where you go to be reminded of how evil you are."

"That sounds scary."

"It's home."

"Are you ever going to go back?"

"Most likely not. There's no purpose of me being there anymore and making deals. That's all about ranks and power. But now if the four of us are here together then there's no point of me caring about all of that."

"Will you miss it?"

"Maybe. Like I said, it's home." Ashton answered, noticing how the angel looked away from him and seemed to be stuck in his thoughts.

The angel was thinking about his own home: Heaven. He missed it, even if those who he shared his home with didn't want him there.

It was beautiful in the perfect way for someone innocent like Michael. He enjoyed the bright light and the feeling of pure love radiating through the air.