2 - That Monster

☻♡

☻♡

2 - That Monster

With blood still plastered over his hands and a few splashes on his face from the mini massacre he had committed at the beginning of 3 A.M., Luke glared at his surroundings as soon as he appeared in purgatory.

He was having fun and he always hated how he was forced back with only a tease of play time.

Luke wished that he had the ability to come back and forth as he pleased like an angel or a demon was able to do, but yet he was stuck here for the majority of his days.

The only way monsters—or angels or demons—could enter through the gates of one of the three worlds that didn't belong to them without reprications was if they enter it with their eternal soulmate.

Soulmates was a complicated thing that Luke would constantly scoff at with the fact that on Earth the idea of having a destined lover is so looked upon in positivity and light. But it's so much more than that.

You don't just immediately know that someone is your soulmate once you find them. It's over time when the bond will start to really form within the beings, and it's up to them to figure it out.

Luke could have already met his soulmate and he wouldn't know about it.

Another thing about soulmates is that they aren't chosen before the person ventures in their human or afterlife world. It is created once it's sure that two beings work together and can be successful. It's the energy that is running through the supernatural beings that causes connections to be made and for the bond to eventually become irresistible once two come into contact with each other.

Luke started walking to an area that he knew that he needed to attend to with these thoughts in his head. The sound of his heavy, black boots crushing the dead leaves and grass on the ground was the only thing that can be heard.

Purgatory was a depressing place with its glim aesthetic and with the unhappy monsters. Especially when the time turns 4 A.M., the overwhelming feeling of depression is lingered in the atmosphere.

But now Luke had a mini mission that he had created for himself. He had to figure out where Calum resided, whether in the human or monster world. And he knew who could help him figure it all out.

Snapping his fingers once he made it to a sudden area containing a dark black, desolate clearing, he felt his body glide across the area and eventually make it to the other side.

His eyes instantly laid onto the group of monsters that he casually knew. Walking up to the dark area, he stood in front of the group of three that were sitting silently amongst themselves on rotten logs.

Only one head snapped up at Luke's unexpected appearance, but he was okay with that. It was who he had to speak with.

"Luke." The woman stated dangerously, getting up from the log to properly stand in front of the blonde monster.

"Sierra." He stated in return, knowing the situation he was putting himself in. The last time he had been in contact with Sierra, he gave her up as a compromise to a group of demons, allowing her to be the center of torture for an hour of the day.

"What do you want?" She asked with anger in her eyes.

"C'mon lighten up." He smirked, "Like you couldn't handle one lousy hour of torture. Plus it was forever ago!"

"I'd hardly call 26 years forever ago." She rolled her eyes, since she's been a monster for much longer than that lousy amount.

"Okay, sorry." He huffed, smirking as he saw her roll her sharp eyes.

"Seriously, what do you want? I know that you'd only apologize if you wanted something."

"You know me so well, Sierra darling. I need your help with collecting some information on a monster."

The truth is, is that Luke has never met Calum. He's only heard the stories that float around purgatory. Calum is the most dangerous as they come, being a mysterious, independent monster that kills and tortures with pure sadistic and personal tactics.

He doesn't just hurt people for an hour, he leaves them with a life-time and an afterlife-time full of agony.

"And which monster would that be?"

"Calum."

"The Calum?" She asked in a horror of surprise.

"Absolutely. The Calum."

"Now why would you ever want to find that monster?"

"A sent a pretty little angel down to see him. I want to see the outcome."

"How crazy. Both you and that angel you speak of are going to be killed." She said sarcastically, since they couldn't actually be killed again. They were already dead.

"I don't care if that angel gets hurt. That's the whole point." He stated, but he gained a feeling within himself that felt like what he just said was a pure lie, "Just help me, would ya'? Plus if I do get hurt in the process that's only a success for you."

She went silent for a few seconds as she peered in thought at the other. She soon made her decision, making Luke smirk in a win.

"Here's what I know..."

—•••—

Ohhh Calum sounds crazy. 😳

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚