Moonlit Night | Daniel Brühl - Part 2

Daniel and I have become pretty good friends, especially since we've practically been living together. Even though I didn't mind having him here, I still wondered why he didn't want to go home. Especially since someone from the town he's from might get worried about him since he has been gone so long. The two of us were having breakfast, and I decided to ask him a few questions. "I don't want to be nosey or anything, but... don't you have family back home that are going to worry about you?" I said, hoping I didn't overstep any boundaries. He let out a little sigh as he looked down at his plate of food. "My family won't be missing me. They wanted my friends to throw me out of town." He said with a broken look in his beautiful brown eyes, which made me regret mentioning anything. "What happened?" I asked. I wanted to know why his friends and family treated him so horribly. Daniel told me that his family wanted him to marry a woman he wasn't in love with. When he told them he wasn't going to marry someone he didn't love, they decided to disown him as well as kick him out.

"But... why did your friends volunteer to drop you off in the middle of the woods at night?" I asked. "Because they wanted me to marry her too, and my refusal to do so made them mad. So they offered to drop me off in the next town so my family didn't have to." He said as tears started to fill his eyes. I moved my chair closer to him and wrapped my arm around him. The way the people he cared about just turned on him made me sick. What they did to him made sad, but most of all it made me angry. How could his family disown him like that just because he wasn't in love with the girl they wanted him to marry? Not to mention the fact that his friends took their side as well. "I'm so sorry, Daniel. No one deserves to be treated like that by anyone, especially by their friends and family members." I said as I gently rubbed his back. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight as he cried a little. We stayed like that for a while, but eventually we broke the hug and cleaned up everything from breakfast. "Y/n, I'm really glad I ran into you in those woods that night. If you hadn't been out walking in the moonlight I'm not sure where I'd be right now." He said after a few moments of comfortable silence.

The two of us walked into the living room where we snuggled against each other by the fireplace. I tried my best to comfort him as we sat there. I let him know that he didn't do anything wrong, and that I care about him even though we haven't really known each other very long. "You're so sweet. I care about you too, y/n." He said as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. I snuggled into his chest and breathed in his lovely scent. I felt so safe with him although he was practically a stranger. We broke the hug a little and he left a gentle kiss on my forehead, which made smile. I hoped that I could be the friend that Daniel deserves due the way his ex friends treated him. I just wanted him to feel loved and know that his decisions weren't wrong; what his so called family did was wrong.

+++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3