Paying Respects | Helmut Zemo - Part 5

When I woke up I felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around me from behind. Zemo's scent enveloped me, so I didn't feel scared or worried. I felt warm inside knowing that he was the one holding me when I woke up. When I moved just a little he gently tightened his arms around me causing me to get butterflies. "Good morning kitten." He said in his deep gravelly morning voice. I instantly melted; I was putty in his hands. "Good morning." I replied shyly. Eventually I turned over on my other side so I was facing him. There was an attractive little smile on his handsome face and a sparkle in his big beautiful brown eyes. "How did you sleep?" He asked. "I slept so good. What about you?" I said. "I slept really good too. That was the best sleep I've had in a long time." He replied. The two of us cuddled for a while before he got up to take a shower. I stayed in bed because my covers, pillows, and sheets smelled like him. As I laid there I wondered what to fix for breakfast. I also wondered if Sam and Bucky were up. If they were they'd know that Zemo spent the night in my bed. 'They'll probably start teasing us.' I thought inside of my head, but I kinda didn't care. Maybe it was because I had such a good night's sleep.

Helmut came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. My heart skipped a few beats, I felt myself blush, and I audibly gasped. He looked so beautiful; he was fit but not too fit. The hair on his chest turned into a little trail that disappeared underneath the towel he had wrapped around him. He heard me gasp and looked at me with a little smirk on his face. "What should I wear today?" He asked as he looked through one of the bags he had brought here with him. I wouldn't have minded if he stayed shirtless, but it wasn't like I had the confidence to say that. I slowly got out of bed and looked at the clothes he pulled out for me to chose for him. "Do you feel like wearing purple or not?" I asked. "I ways wanna wear purple." He said with a little laugh as he ran a hand through his slightly damp hair. After I picked out a purple shirt and a pair of gray sweatpants for him I went to go take a shower myself. But he gently grabbed my arm to stop me. When I faced him he came close and gently caressed my cheek with his thumb. "You're blushing." He said with a little smile. I felt like my heart was going to burst and I didn't know what to say. "Come here." He whispered. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same to him. His bare skin felt so soft underneath my fingertips and against my cheek. "You're so beautiful, Helmut." I said softly after we broke the hug. What I said made him smile and my heart melted when he left a soft kiss on my forehead.

Eventually I went into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day. When I walked back into the bedroom I saw that he wasn't there. Once I was ready I walked out into the kitchen where Helmut was cooking breakfast. Bucky was sitting on the couch watching the news. "Where's Sam?" I asked Helmut as I poured myself a hot cup of coffee. "He's in the spare bedroom talking on the phone." Helmut said. When breakfast was ready Sam came to join us at the kitchen table. "We have to start moving. I have some information on where the flag smashers are going next. We need to try to get there before them." He said. "When do we need to leave?" Bucky asked him with slightly furrowed brows. "Day after tomorrow." Sam replied before taking a drink of coffee. My heart sunk when they said they had to leave. I didn't want any of them to go, especially Helmut. But I knew this would probably end up happening. It just sucked that I developed feelings for someone and now I didn't know if I was ever going to see him again. It hurt my heart and made my insides feel all twisted up. The three of them talked about travel plans and whatnot, but they never said where they were going. I guess to keep me from following them or to prevent me from having information if someone tracked them to me. Maybe both.

I just sat there and quietly ate my breakfast. They went into the living room while I watched the dishes. I felt tears in my eyes, but I held them back. I didn't wanna cry and have someone walk in on me. The uncertainty of ever seeing Helmut again is what really tore me up inside. When I was finished cleaning up I went into my room and just sat down on the floor next to my bed. My back was against it because I was looking out of the window that I was facing. It felt like hours had passed before there was a knock on my bedroom door. "Y/n, it's me. Helmut." I heard him say on the other side of the door. "Come in." I replied. He entered the room and quietly closed the door behind him. Eventually he sat down next to me. I could feel him looking at me, but I kept looking out of the window. "Hey, look at me." He whispered as he wrapped an arm around me. When I looked at him I knew he saw the sadness in my eyes. "I don't want you to go." I whispered as tears filled my eyes. "I don't want to go either, but I have to. I have no intention to leave my work unfinished." He said and I snuggled into his side. A few moment of silence passed before I broke the silence. "Will I ever get to see you again?" I asked, and a warm look filled his beautiful eyes. "Of course you'll see me again. There's no way I'm not coming back to you once this is finished." He said before he kissed my temple. I hoped he was right. I hoped none of them got hurt and I got to see them again.

+++++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3