The Wine Cellar | Tony Balerdi - Part 2

My stomach was full of butterflies, but I was more sad than nervous today. Having to see the way Tony looks at Adam all week really put me in a bad place. I pressed my thoughts to the back of my mind when I heard someone knock on my door. 'He's here. Just be cool and try not to do anything stupid. And don't let him notice you're sad.' I said inside of my head as I opened the door. Tony was standing on the doorstep looking as handsome as ever. He was wearing a lilac colored sweater with black pants. He wasn't wearing a blazer, tie, and dress shirt like he does at work. "Hey." He said with a small smile. "Hey. I... I really like your sweater." I said awkwardly. "Thanks," He said with a shy little laugh. "I like yours too. It's a lot different seeing each other in different clothes, isn't it?" He said with a smile, and I agreed with him. The two of us talked a little before we eventually left. I locked up my apartment before following him to his car. He kindly opened the door for me, which was really sweet of him. After I was seated he closed the car door behind me. Then he got into the driver's seat. I buckled up and so did he before pulling away from the sidewalk.

The two of us talked casually during the whole drive to the movie theater. It was odd spending time with him outside of normal work hours. But my sadness faded away a little bit the longer we talked. Once we reached our destination we entered the building. We got in line and waited until it was our turn to get out tickets. As we looked at the list of movies we eventually agreed on one to watch. "Do you want any snacks?" He asked once we got our tickets. "Popcorn and a water will be fine with me." I said. It wasn't like a date; we paid for own stuff separately. Then we went into the theater room. There were a few people in there, and I was glad that the place wasn't packed. I always hate it when there are a lot of people. The two of us sat down next to each other and I started eating my popcorn as we waited for the movie to start. Tony did the same thing. "Hey, Tony.... is that you?" I heard a familiar voice that made my stomach and heart drop. I turned to see Adam standing there with a pretty woman standing next to him. "Yeah, it's me." Tony replied. "What a small world, huh?" Adam said with a smile. Apparently he was on a date. Adam thought that Tony and I were on a date, but we said that we weren't.

We told each other to have a good time. Adam and his date went further down to be closer to the screen. I didn't even look at how Tony was looking at him, even though it was dark in the room. A few minutes passed before Tony broke the uncomfortable silence. "Are you alright? You seem a little.... sad." He said with furrowed brows. "Yeah, I'm okay." I lied. "Look, I don't mean to cross any lines but... do you have a crush on Adam?" He said. His words took me aback. I never imagined that anyone would think I have a crush on Adam. But maybe Tony has noticed the way I've been sad when I see him look at Adam. "No. I don't have a crush on him. What makes you say that?" I replied with a shocked and confused expression. "You don't?" He asked with a confused look himself. "No." I said. "Then why?" He started, but trailed off a little. The movie actually started during the time he was quiet. It took him a while before he spoke up again. "Do... do you have a crush on.... on me?" He asked in a hushed tone that was sweet and gentle. "Yeah. I... I have a crush on you." I replied in a whisper. My stomach was full of anxiety once I told him that. This whole time I had been keeping my feelings a secret. I never expected him to find out like this. I never expected him to find out at all to be honest.

To my dismay he didn't say anything. I honestly felt like I was died inside. During the whole movie neither one of us talked. All I wanted to do was leave and go home. I felt so stupid. Why would someone as handsome as him have feelings for someone like me? I wasn't even watching the movie; I was just caught up in my own thoughts. When the movie ended I was one of the first people who got up to leave. I threw away my empty popcorn bag and walked to the bathroom to relive myself. Plus I was kind of having a mental breakdown. I couldn't believe that I actually confessed my feelings to him the way I did. It felt like I stayed in the bathroom forever, and I figured that he had left without me. So I was surprised when I saw him standing in the lobby waiting for me. "I... I thought you would have left by now." I said shyly as I basically looked down at the floor. "It would have been rude of me to just leave you hear without a ride home." He said. I followed him outside. The sky was dark and a few silvery stars peeked out from behind a few thin clouds. We got into his car and we just sat there silently for a while. "I'm sorry for being so quiet. I'm sure you're probably feeling awful right now." He said, breaking the unbearable silence. "It's okay." I replied shyly. I felt sad as well.

"Y/n, I... I'm just a little surprised that you have feelings for me. I just thought you had a crush on Adam. I always saw you looking sadly at him." He said. "I looked sad because... because I couldn't help but notice the way that you look at Adam." I replied, and he looked at me with sympathy in his beautiful brown eyes. "You thought that I have feelings for him?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. "Well... I did have feelings for Adam, but I have gotten over him after a few years." He replied. The two of us talked for a while. But there were still some moments of uncomfortable silence between us. A lot of cars were coming in and out of the parking lot as the hours passed. "Can I make a confession of my own?" He asked after a few minutes of silence. "Sure." I replied. "I've actually developed a crush on you." He said, and I was once again surprised. Deep down I wondered how long Tony has had feelings for me. I just wished I wouldn't have felt bad during the movie. Eventually we agreed to go on an official date sometime next weekend, which really boosted my mood. Mostly because neither of us really got to enjoy the movie we were supposed to watch. When he took me home he walked me up to my front door. We hugged each other as we said our goodbyes. I wasn't surprised when I breathed in his scent and fell even more in love with him. I really couldn't wait until our official date.

+++++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3