The Countryside | Laszlo Kreizler - Part 2

Three weeks had passed, and my life was hell between visits with Dr. Kreizler. My parents were more hateful towards me than usual. I guess they assumed that Dr. Kreizler would have given up on me by now. On several occasions they even threatened to fire him. I knew they were just saying that to make me upset, and it worked... every time. When they had guests over they would lock me in my room. They would make me go to bed without having any dinner.

All I wanted to do was run away and go to the Kreizler Institute. New York City was so far away though. I could have taken the carriage to the train station. One of our farmhands showed me how to hook the horses to the carriage once. But once I got to the train station I would be out of luck. I didn't have any money for a train ticket. Today was one of Dr. Kreizler's visiting days. So I was very much looking forward to talking to him. I had decided to ask him if he could take me to his Institute.

I didn't wanna live with my parents anymore. I didn't wanna live through this abuse anymore. So when I saw the doctor's calash arriving, I practically ran outside. The driver was a young boy instead of the usual driver. I wondered what had happened to Cyrus, but I figured he was busy elsewhere. "Y/n, this is Stevie Taggert." He said, introducing us to each other. We talked for a while before we went to our usual spot. He laid out the blanket under a shady tree, and we got started.

"Dr. Kreizler, is it possible for me to stay at the Institute?" I asked shyly after he had asked a few questions. He seemed taken aback by what I asked, but then curiousness filled his beautiful eyes. "You want to stay at the Institute? May I ask why?" He replied. I told him about how my parents were treating me. I didn't leave a single detail out, and his eyes softened. He placed a hand on my shoulder to comfort me. Something he often did when we spoke to each other.

"Of course you can stay at the Institute, y/n. After we finish our session I'll make some phonecalls. I want you to pack your things, okay? I'm taking you there this afternoon if possible." He said softly. I quickly wrapped my arms around him, holding him tightly. "Thank you, Dr. Kreizler. Thank you so so much." I said as I snuggled into his chest. He gently wrapped his arms around me and held me back. We stayed like that for a moment before I broke the hug.

We finished the session and stood up to walk inside. He folded up the blanket and placed in the calash. Luckily my parents had went to run errands. So I showed Dr. Kreizler where the phone was. I went upstairs to start packing my bags. I was excited and happy that I was finally getting out of here. But I was so nervous and worried about how my parents would react. When I finished packing my things, I walked downstairs. I brought everything with me, so I was ready to go.

I found the doctor in the sitting room pacing the floor a little. "Is everything okay?" I asked curiously. "He stopped and turned around to look at me. "Yes, everything is fine. Shall we go?" He replied, and I nodded. He called for Stevie to help with my bags. Dr. Kreizler couldn't help much due to his weaker arm. He helped me inside of the clash and Stevie drove us out onto the road. I looked around at the surroundings as we left.

I suddenly felt sad when I looked back at the farm. I would miss the horses, chickens, and whatnot. But I wouldn't miss the way my parents treat me. "Are you alright, y/n?" He asked curiously. "Yeah, I'm just going to miss a lot of things." I said awkwardly and shyly. "I know you'll miss your childhood home. But this is for the best. I don't want you to endure that sort of treatment anymore." He said softly with sympathy in his eyes.

"I know. I... I'm very thankful that I met you Dr. Kreizler. Without your help, I... I wouldn't have been so brave to ask someone for help." I replied shyly and he softened. "I'm grateful that I met you too, y/n. You don't deserve the treatment your parents have been giving you. You deserve to feel free and be happy." He said softly, and I blushed a little. He smiled softly at my reaction. I was so happy that I was finally starting a new and better chapter in my life.

+++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3