Self Care | Daniel Brühl

When I got home I let out a deep sigh of annoyance as well as relief. I was glad that I was home, but the events of the day were still weighing on my mind. It was probably the worst day I've had in a long time. The entire week was really stressful though. All I wanted to do was cry and go to bed. "Hey." I heard in a familiar voice, but it still scared me a little. When I turned towards the voice I spotted Daniel, one of my best friends. He was wearing a pair of gray sweatpants and a dark green sweater that brought out his big brown eyes. "When did you get here? I thought you were still working on a film." I said with slightly furrowed brows. "I came into town last night; I didn't wanna bother you, so I ended up staying at a motel. But I thought I'd come by and see you." He replied. Daniel had a spare key to my home so it was easy for him to get in without me. He wrapped his strong arms around me and I hugged him back. I relaxed a bit in his embrace, which was much needed. As I breathed in his comforting scent I snuggled into his warm chest. He gently tightened his arms around me as I did so. I could have stayed in his arms for hours and hours. "I just drew you a hot bath for you to relax.

I know you've been very stressed and you haven't been feeling well mentally, so I have a nice evening planned for us." He said softly. I told him that he didn't have to do anything and that just spending time with him would be fine. But he insisted that I needed a self care night. So I walked upstairs to my bedroom bathroom. I found a drawn bath with a few lit candles and softly playing music. There was a little pipe of clothes next to the sink on the countertop. I took my clothes off and got into the tub. As I sank into the warm water my muscle started to relax. After a while I got out and dried off before getting dressed. In the pipe of clothes there was a soft brown sweater that I knew was Daniel's. When I put it on I was enveloped in his scent. Once I was completely dressed I wanted downstairs and into the living room. To my surprise he had a little fort set up for us. The only light that was available on were from some indoor Edison styled string lights. "I better get something for us to eat for dinner." I said, breaking the silence. "There's no need to. I ordered us some pizza." He replied. I was relived when he said that, especially since I didn't wanna cook anything. So I joined him in the little fort he made and he put in a movie for us to watch as we ate. I kept myself snuggled into his side as well. After a the movie was over he asked if I felt any better.

"A little. The bath was so relaxing, and I really loved being able to sit here and watch movies with you. Plus... I've missed you." I said as I gave him a side hug. "Awww. I've missed you too sweetheart." He replied as he wrapped his arms around me. The two of us talked for a little while before moving on to another movie. As the hour got late we went back to talking over a couple of cups of hot tea. It really made me feel so much better just being with him. "It's getting late." He whispered softly as I started feeling sleepy. "Can we just stay here? I'm too comfy to move." I said. "I figured you wouldn't want to leave once you got cozy. That's why I brought this." He said as he grabbed a big blanket from nearby. We laid down in the soft pillows he had piled up before he covered us up. I snuggled up next to him and thanked him for being so sweet and wonderful. A few moments later I fell into a deep sleep.

++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3