The Librarian | Daniel Brühl

I felt so happy as I walked to my local library. It was such a perfect fall day! The temperature was cool but not too cool, and there were a few fluffy white clouds in the bright blue sky. Plus I was happy to see my friend Daniel; he works at the library. He and I met a few months ago and we really connected over our love of books, especially poetry. Today the two of us were going to hangout in the park after he got off of work. I was a little early, but it gave me an excuse to look around to see if there were any good books that came in. As soon as I walked in I spotted him at the check out desk. He looked so handsome in his brown suit. He looked kinda cuddly too due to the sweater he had on over his shirt and tie. I have a crush on him, but I've been way too scared to tell him. Especially since I met his ex, and they were so beautiful. I just feel like I'm not as good looking as they are. "Hi, I didn't expect you to be here this early. Not that I'm complaining." He said once he saw me. The smile on his face was practically a ray of sunshine. I couldn't help but smile back. I'm pretty sure that I blushed a little as well. "Sorry, I just wanted to see if you got any new books in." I said. "Don't be. Come here, I'll show you all of the new books we have." He replied happily. I followed him over to a book shelf and looked at the new ones.

He had to leave me to deal with a patron at the check out desk, but I didn't mind. I didn't want him talking to me the whole time and getting fired. He really likes his job, and I'd feel horrible if I was the reason he got fired. Eventually I ended up finding a couple of books that looked interesting and checked them out. Oddly enough I was Daniel's last customer for the day, so he clocked out and met me at the exit. "Do you wanna grab a bite to eat before we go to the park?" He asked as we walked down the steps and to his car. "Yeah, that would be lovely." I replied with a smile. He opened the passenger car door for me. He closed it before getting in on the driver's side. I buckled up and so did he before he started driving to our favorite little cafe. Once we got there we got a table away from everyone else, and ordered our food. I got a chicken salad wrap with a bowl of vegetable soup and strawberry lemonade. He ordered a hamburger with fries and a cup of black coffee. The two of us ate as we talked about how out days went. Apparently we both had good days, which was nice. When we finished eating we split the bill before going to the park. He had a blue and white checkered blanket that he laid on the grass so we could sit down. We admired the beautifully colored leaves of fall, and enjoyed the weather. Plus we read our books a little too. It was so nice spending time with him, and I hoped he felt the same way.

I looked up from my book, marking my place before closing it. The sun was starting to set; it was a beautiful blood orange color. I turned to glance at Daniel and my breath hitched a little. The sunlight made his big brown eyes look ten times more beautiful than they usually are. A moment passed, and he looked up. He caught me staring and I looked away feeling myself blush. "What?" He asked curiously with a playfulness in his voice. "Nothing, just... you're eyes look really pretty in the sunlight." I said, looking anywhere but at him. "Hey, look at me." He said softly as he tilted my head so I was looking at him. I knew I was still blushing and it gave me butterflies. "You're eyes look beautiful too. And not just in the sunlight." He whispered softly, making my heart beat faster. We glanced at each other's lips before slowly closing the distance between us. We kissed each other gently and shyly. It was absolutely perfect. It was everything I imagined it would be and so much more. After breaking the kiss we made eye contact and we both blushed. I buried my face in his chest, causing him to chuckle lightly. "I've been wanting to do that for a long time." He said as he played with my hair a little. "So have I." I said softly as I pulled away from him to look in his beautiful eyes. We snuggled into each other's side as we watched the sunset. Once it was dark we gathered everything up and got into his car, talking about when we could have our first official date.

+++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3