Winter Vacation | Daniel Brühl

I was feeling happy, because I was going on vacation with my friends. Especially since I haven't had a break in what feels like forever. Most of the people who were coming with me were excited for skiing and snowboarding. But I'm not really into that kind of thing, so I was just excited to spend time with my friends. "So, what are you going to be doing since you finally get a break from work?" Daniel asked. "Probably just relaxing. Reading and whatnot. I might even build a snowman." I said with a smile. He chuckled adorably as he parked in front of the cabin we would be sharing. "Well, let me know when you're going to build a snowman. I'll help you." He said with a cute smile on his handsome face. "Absolutely." I replied smiling as well. When we got out of the car we grabbed our bags. He unlocked the door and we headed inside the cold cabin. "I'll make a fire to get it warm in here. It's freezing." He said as he grabbed some small sticks of wood and some old newspapers that were near the fireplace. "I'm gonna go check out the bedrooms." I said as I took my bags upstairs. I put my bags down before looking around the room I chose to stay in.

Eventually I went back downstairs to warm up by the fire. The front door opened; Daniel came in with bags of groceries to fill the fridge as well as the freezer. "I can help you bring everything in." I said. "No, it's fine. I got it." He replied. As he brought everything into the house, I put the groceries into their proper places. After a while the place started feeling toasty and comfortable. Our friends gave us calls to see how we were doing. They were a little drive away in other cabins, but I figured they didn't wanna come over in the cold. Mostly because it was a long drive here. I asked Daniel want he wanted for dinner, and we settled on having spaghetti with garlic bread. Soup would have been better but it was too late to make homemade. We took our plates into the living room to eat, just because it was really cold. After eating we just hung out watching tv. Then we got ready for bed around ten thirty. I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. It took me a while to fall asleep because I was in a different place. The next morning I woke up to the sound of birds. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes before stretching. I laid in bed for a while before getting out of bed. Once I got dressed I went downstairs and headed into the kitchen.

There was a note on the fridge written by Daniel. Apparently he went skiing with our friends. Before making breakfast I checked the fireplace to keep it warm in the house. I brewed a pot of coffee before I cooked bacon, eggs, a hash brown and toast. When the food was done I poured myself a cup of coffee. I ate at the kitchen table before going into the living room. I watched the weather before deciding to read. Hours passed before the front door opened and voices drifted into the room. Daniel walked in with two of our friends. I marked my spot in my book and set it on the coffee table as they walked into the living room. All four of us talked. They told me about their skiing adventures earlier today, which I wasn't really interested in. But I sat and listened to them talk regardless. I talked about my day even though I'm sure it wasn't very interesting to them. We grabbed something to eat for lunch as well. Daniel is the only one who stayed after our friends left to meet up with the others. "Hey, it's snowing." He said, looking out of the kitchen window. "You wanna build a snowman together?" I asked. I hoped he'd wanna join me even though he was already out in the cold. "Sure." He replied with a smile. I put on some warmer clothes before we went outside.

After making the snowman we got into a playful snowball fight, which made me so happy. Seeing him smile and hearing him laugh really boosted my mood. He seemed a little happier too compared to when he came back from the slopes. When we went back inside we made some hot chocolate and warmed up by the fire. It was a pretty good start for a vacation in my opinion.

++++++++++++++++++++
A/N: Thanks for reading!! Remember to vote, comment, share, etc. :) <3