twenty

valeria held her lunch tray in her hands as jamal ranted about something watching him

   valeria held her lunch tray in her hands as jamal ranted about something watching him. "oh, ruby!" a girl called out asking to take a picture with the short boy. "shoo bitch." valeria watched as the girl quickly scurried off.

"i don't know how much longer i can be bullet boy. i just wanna get back to normal."

jasmine popped up from behind ruby causing jamal to gasp dramatically, "normal? you ain't never been normal! you got that special sauce flowing through your veins. and probably all over that juicy nalga." jamal's face contorted into disgust before checking to the see the "juicy nalga" jasmine was talking about.

"jasmine," valeria warned.

"ooh sorry val, got a little carried away but ruby said i could sit with y'all, so..."

"shoot! i forgot dessert." ruby exclaimed. "oh, you sit. i got you." jasmine immediately volunteered.

"jasmine, you don't have to do-"

"let her." ruby mumbled interrupting her as jasmine left with a smile. "that was so mean. she's a really sweet girl, you guys have to start being more nice to her."

monse rolled her eyes before sitting down, "she's obnoxious."

"so are you," valeria countered getting a scowl in return. "every since my brush with death, i made a bargain with the big man. or woman? let's just say the universe to be gender-neutral." jamal nodded his head in agreement. "but part of that deal was to work on my karmic energy, be a better person, so shit wouldn't go sideways again. part of that deal is to do charity, and jasmine is my charity."

"couldn't you have saved a rain forest instead?" monse suggested receiving a nod from cesar.

"y'all are so mean and you," valeria turned pointing her finger at ruby "make sure you apologize to jasmine." she spoke getting up and grabbing her bag.

"where are you going?" ruby asked reaching from her arm which she dodged.

"i've lose my appetite."

•••

valeria had been picked up early from school so that she had more time to get ready for the valentine's day dance. oscar thought it was dumb for her to need that much time but she eventually broke him down into picking her up. she spent the first few hours taking a nap and then she started to prep her face for her makeup before slipping on her dress and strapping on her SL heels.

 she spent the first few hours taking a nap and then she started to prep her face for her makeup before slipping on her dress and strapping on her SL heels