twenty nine

alexis was currently helping her mother finalize everything needed for the christmas dinner her family was having

her little cousins were running around the house and she had the urge to throw them out as they rummaged through her room. "get out!"

"your mom said we can be in here."

alexis inhaled deeply, "i don't care what she said i want you out of my room in the next 5 seconds or else i'll-"

"hey!" alexis flinched feeling something hit the back of her head, "let them play in there." her mom pointed a finger at her and gave her a stern look.

"ha ha!" her cousins taunted and she lifted up her head and made prayer hands, "i need to get out of here. please, if you're listening i need a miracle."

and just like that the doorbell rung throughout the house and alexis looked down at her hands in amazement.

"alexis!"

"i'm getting it." she called before making her way through the living room and opening the front door.

"oh? hi." alexis was confused to see jasmine and monse at her doorstep.

"hi." monse awkwardly waved.

she was never really close with monse nor jasmine for that matter so she didn't really know what to say. "um. i would invite you in but there's so many kids running around and it's a mess."

"that's fine don't worry. it was just my dad is throwing a christmas party and i wanted to invite val but she wasn't picking up her phone and i don't know where she lives now." monse explained with her hands shoved in her expensive looking jacket.

"oh yeah she's spending christmas with her boyfriend and his family, so i don't think she could make it."

"oh well thanks we'll be leaving now." jasmine had a big awkward smile on her face as she pulled monse. "wait. did you wanna come with us?"