57

"Honey, you're pacing again"

"I still can't believe that you never asked my parents or my brothers permission for my hand in marriage" I walked back in fourth running my hands through my hair. Derek just watched me and snickered. "I didn't think I'd have to have your parents permission to marry their 23 year old daughter"

I stopped pacing for a second to give him a glare before I continued  "Its not so much my mom, it's my dad, I'm the only daughter they have and he's more strict to when it comes to me, doesn't matter the age I am."

Derek placed both of his hands on my torso, stopping the pacing "I promise when we go over to your parents house today, I'll ask all 3 of them if marrying you is okay. Just please stop pacing, it's driving me nuts" He gave me a small smile, letting out a chuckle.
I sighed slowly Along with a deep exhale and nodded my head, resting it on his shoulder. He let go of me and grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge, "What time is the cookout?"

I cleared my throat "2:00".
"Shouldn't we start heading out? It's 1:30" he glanced down at his phone. I nodded and grabbed my purse along with the Strawberry Jello that I made for a dessert.
The car ride was a bit silent, nothing to say really, the only thing that was really speaking was the stereo.

We arrived to my parents, my brothers were both outside setting up everything for the cookout, our family dog greeted me with a happy bark, I placed the jello onto the dessert table, giving my parents each a hug. "Heya Sis" Stew spoke and started to place the hotdogs and Burgers on the grill.

"So Derek, how have you been?" My dad asked as we sat down on the patio. While Derek and my father were carrying on a conversation, I helped stew with the food. He broke the silence by asking a question "So.. did you say yes?"

"Say yes to what?"

"Marrying Derek?"

"Wait.. you know?" I questioned handing him some plates to put the food on. "Yeah, Johnson told me, Nate too." He smiled. "Does mom and dad know?" I cleared my throat looking over at Derek and my dad. "No, we left that to Derek to tell them".  "Do you think they'll be mad that he didn't ask for their permission first?"

"Nah. It's mom and dad. Now, help me with the food please." I helped Stew carry the plates of food to the table, handing out some plastic silverware before sitting down. Derek gave me a smile and started to eat, we all kept some type of conversation going at the table.

In the middle of eating Derek got a sip of water before clearing his throat, "Mr and Mrs Maloley, I'd like to ask you both something"
They're eyes both glued towards him, "I'd like to marry your daughter" He spoke nervously grabbing my hand. I slowly raised my hand and showed them the ring he already put on my finger.
My mom shrieked with excitement giving us both hugs, my dad smiled widely and shook Derek's hand. Dad kissed my temple, pulling me into a tight hug.

Now that was out of the way, we all passed the time by playing bored games, competing each other on the Wii, watched tv and when it got dark a bit, we built a bonfire and roasted S'mores and took some pictures before we both headed back home.

Hiii!

Hope you're all staying safe and doing well during this pandemic, I know that I'm currently struggling on finding a single job, I've put in job application after application, still no luck beside this one place, it's a new hotel that they just built in my town, hopefully I'll get the job.

Being an adult is hard 😂🥱.

I finally updated a chapter since FEBRUARY!😂. I was so stuck on what to even type or think of.

I hope you like the chapter though!:)