48

Me and Derek decided to have a picnic at the park since it was a beautiful day outside. We found a spot under a shady oak tree, the sun was shining so bright that just sitting under it for a few seconds, you would sweat .

I was reading a book sitting against the tree, sitting crossed legged. Wearing some overall shorts along with a black and white striped crop top, my hair was braided into a fish tail braid .  Derek just wore his causal wear like usual, some shorts and that was it .

"Hey, can you feed me the grapes?" He spoke out of the blue, I cocked an eyebrow at him lowering my book "Feed them to you?"

He nodded smiling cheekily "No, eat your own grapes" I chuckled going back to my book . I heard him groan lifting his head off my lap "You're so mean". I stuck my tongue out at him as he grabbed a handful of the fruit and placed some in his mouth .

"Damn it's hot" he sighed getting a sip of his water . "You gonna read that damn book the whole time we're here or are you gonna do something with your boyfriend?"

I glared at him and chuckled before slamming my book shut, placing it beside me . I scooted in front of him "Alright, what do you wanna do?"

He grabbed my legs pulling me closer to him "I'm in the mood for some ice cream." "What about our stuff? We can't just leave it here"

"I'll go get the ice cream, the truck is right over there, you stay here and guard our valuable food" he said with a slight laugh before standing up to go get ice cream. I playfully rolled my eyes looking around the park seeing all the little kids playing on the playground, I smiled softly as I seen a toddler, he was the cutest thing, black hair with the beautiful green eyes .

His mom was chasing him around in circles as he giggled and laughed. I was brought out of my thoughts by something cold against my cheek . I looked up seeing Derek handing my my ice cream bar. He sat down beside me and began eating his "You've been staring at that mom and her son for about 2 minutes" he swallowed his dessert, I looked down picking at the grass .

Derek jumped up and walked over to the mother and the little boy, he looked over at me as they continued talking, she smiled happily nodding her head, they began walking up to me. Derek lightly kissed my head before sitting back down "Would you like to hold him?" She asked, I smiled widely, sitting myself up  and nodded .

"I'm Martha and this is Nolan" She carefully placed him down on my lap, I placed my hands around him as he grabbed my hand . "How old is he?" Derek chuckled as Nolan grabbed a hold of his finger.

Martha sat down beside us "He's 11 months" . I stared at Derek in awe before going back to playing with Nolan . "Are you guys going to have any of your own?" Martha spoke as she took her son setting him on her leg .

I glanced over at Derek, he looked down clearing his throat "Uhm, we don't really have time at the moment."
I frowned  slightly but quickly put on a smile . "Alright well, if you ever wanna babysit Nolan, here's my number . Also you'd be a wonderful mother" she handed me her number and gave me a smile before walking away .

I placed the paper in my pocket before gathering my things up . "I'm heading out to the car" I didn't even look at him I just walked straight to the car and sat there letting out a soft sigh .

We don't have time to raise a child? We have plenty of time, what the hell .

Derek was walking up the the car, placing the things in the back and got in, "You forgot this" he handed me my now melted ice cream bar . I placed it on the dash and just looked out the window as he began driving home .

I felt a few tears fall down my cheeks, wiping them away quickly. The whole car ride was silent, the only thing you could make out was the car horns and cars passing . He pulled into the driveway shutting the car off. I got out and shut the door before heading into the house .

I grabbed a bottled water out of the fridge taking a giant gulp, Derek walked in wiping the sweat off of him .

"What's your problem?"

I scoffed "What's MY problem? What's your problem by telling Martha 'We don't have time' to raise a child?!?. We have plenty of time! I'm about to get a job, a babysitting job . What do you do?-."

"I'm Busy all the time Kortney! I'm an Artist!! What don't you understand? I make music for a damn living! I make people's ears to use! And what do you do? Complain constantly about the hate that I tell you specifically to ignore but you don't!." He began yelling at me .

I laughed "I try Derek, I really do. It's not that easy to ignore something you receive every damn day. If you never wanted a family, you shouldn't of gotten with me because THATS what I want!! I wanna be a mother to something we've created, I wanna change their clothes, diapers, I wanna be able to show them new things, make them breakfast in the morning, I want my Child to have the best loving  parents he or she could ever have!. I guess I won't get that even once will I?" At this point my eyes were flooded with tears, they were shooting down my face .

I pushed passed him before heading upstairs. I took my braid out before sighing, sitting on the bed when Derek walked in .