27

I plopped back down on the toilet, letting out a small sob. The test came out positive, I now have a little life growing inside of me and Derek just told me that he doesn't want a family right now, he's gonna leave me .

I wiped my eyes with the hem of my shirt throwing away the test, covering it with a lot of toilet paper, I walked out of the bathroom and Derek stared at me before walking over to me, resting his hands on my hips .

"What's going on?"

I sniffled shaking my head resting my head in the crook of his neck "It's nothing. What are you watching?" I looked him in the eyes kissing his jaw .

"Uhm I don't know, I didn't feel like changing it" He chuckled caressing my cheek . I swallowed harshly grabbing his hand "Uhm.." I paused looking down "Can we go to the park?"

"Of course" he gave me a small smile, pecking my lips. I grabbed my phone before taking care of star and walked out to the car .

I rested my head against the window, texting Delany, feeling tears well up in my eyes, I could hardly see .

K: I now have a little life growing inside of me. Before I took the test I asked Derek what he thought about raising a family, he told me not right now . He's going to leave me 😔

I placed my phone on my lap wiping my tears away quickly as Derek got in . He had a picnic basket along with a blanket, I smiled glancing at it .

A million of thoughts went through my head Derek is going to leave me, I know it .
Will he be angry with me?
Will he stay and be the father he now is?

I was traced out of my thoughts by Derek speaking, "What'd you say?" I asked looking over at him .

"I asked if you wanted something to eat" he replied stoping at the red light .
"Umm no" I mumbled looking down, I was actually starving, I was craving Cheesecake and Chicken nuggets, Pizza, ice cream .

"You sure?"

I whimpered feeling tears escape my eyes "I don't know Derek." I sniffled bringing my knees up to my chest, hugging them .

Hormones 🙄

I eventually was sobbing, over food .

(Me asf 😂)

Derek quickly pulled over, parking the car, he got out rushing over to my side and opened the door, He stood in front of me as his face softened, he pulled me into a warm embrace cooing in my ear "It's okay" he mumbled stroking my hair, I swallowed looking him in the eyes .

"I don't know what food to eat, there is so many decisions-." I cried softly, I heard Derek chuckle quietly .

"Are you laughing at me?! Derek it's not funny"

"Sorry, lets just get to the park" he mumbled pecking my lips before we got back into the car .

I rested my head against the window dozing off, taking a nap .

-Derek's Pov-
I looked over to find my girlfriend sleeping peacefully, I parked in the park parking lot, I got on my phone messaging my sister .

D: Do you know what's up with Kortney ? She's been acting really strange all day

Sis🦋: Sorry I can't tell you, she needs to tell you herself :)

-End Of Dereks Pov-

I woke up to the sound of little kids screaming, I looked around to find that we were at the park, still in the car . I looked over seeing Derek on his phone "Hey" he smiled at me, I stretched my arms letting out a loud groan .

We got out walking over to a shady spot on the grass, Derek laid the blanket down along with the picnic basket , I sat down cross legged looking around at all the kids playing, I gulped before looking over at my boyfriend who gave me a worrying look .

I got a message from Delany

Del💖: Derek asked me what was up with you, when are you going to tell him?

K: I can't .. it's harder than you think.

Del💖: He's not going to leave you Hon, Derek Loves you too much to leave you alone, let alone with his child . Now is the right time :)

I took a deep breath, scooting over to my boyfriend who was setting out the food onto the blanket . I grabbed the bowl of grapes out of his hand setting it aside, he looked at me "I have something to tell you" I swallowed harshly feeling tears form my eyes .

"I- we-." I paused wiping my eyes. "What is it baby? You can tell me" He whispered softly grabbing my hands .

"Uhm. The reason I asked about how'd you feel about having a family-." He nodded his head continuing me to talk .

"We're going to be having a baby" I chuckled nervously letting the tears fall down my cheeks. Derek's lips parted but nothing came out of them, I didn't know if he was happy or disappointed.

"Babe say something, you're scaring me" I whimpered, he looked down running his fingers through his hair .

He looked back up at me, tears fell down his cheeks, "There's a life growing inside of you?" He mumbled quivering his bottom lip, scooting closer to me placing his hand on my stomach .

I nodded my head giving him a smile wiping the tears that were falling down his cheeks, I wiped mine as well .

He lunged into my arms pulling me into a hug, I heard him softly cry. I ran my fingers through his hair smiling widely, he looked at me kissing my all over my face.

"This is one of the best surprises of my life... we're gonna have a baby luh running around the house" He smiled before giving my stomach small pecks .

I pulled him into a kiss, "let's eat I'm starving".