52 ~ Derek's Pov ~

We left the restaurant around 10 or 11 Pm, Kortney was walking ahead of me talking with Johnson. I was a bit confused so I walked beside her, "what's up?" I spoke, they instantly stopped their conversation.

"Just catching up on how we've been" Johnson chuckled fixing his glasses, I cleared my throat and nodded slowly interlocking my fingers with Kortney's.

She didn't say anything, she was quiet the whole walk to the car, "Can I drive?" She spoke softly, I nodded and sat in the passenger seat .

She started up the car and began driving. The car ride was so quiet you could hear our breathing moving in sync, she sighed shakily .

I could tell that she was really nervous about something, the way she keeps chewing on her bottom lip, the way she rubs her palms against her thighs, getting rid of the sweat.

Her eyes were focused on the cars in front of her, as she went once the light turned green .

"Babe, are you alright? What's the matter?" I grabbed her hand that was just rested against her side . She was shaking "Honey, you're shaking."

She glanced over at me and gave me a nervous chuckle "I'm fine. Really" . She pulled up to this dirt road, and parked the car .

"You can go ahead and get out, I need to get a few things"

"Uhm alright" I got out of the car and shut the door as I began to walk forward, seeing a trail of lit candles leading to a cliff that showed the whole Hollywood sign .

I began to look around and began to walk a little more, there were more candles lit and they were in a shape of a heart .

I turned around as my eyes widened, she was down on one knee, holding a ring .