25

6 weeks into chemo and I feel sicker than a dog, also clumps of my hair are falling out which terrifies me more than anything. I looked at myself in the mirror as Derek walked in with the clippers "You ready?" He asked softly as I sat down on the toilet . I swallowed harshly feeling the tears well up in my eyes and nodded .

Derek sighed shakily, I could tell he was scared to buzz the rest of my hair off, he turned on the clippers holding them above my head, he just stood there not doing anything, "Babe?" I looked up seeing Derek blink as a few tears fell down his cheeks .

He turned off the clippers setting it on the counter "I can't do this" he leaned against the sink placing his hand over his eyes, I grabbed his hand "It's okay, I trust you"

"This is one of the hardest things I've ever done I-." His lip quivered as he frowned softly. I placed my hand on his cheek wiping the tears from his eyes "It's okay" I pecked his lips softly handing him the hair clippers sitting back down on the toilet .

I gave him permission to start cutting my hair, he ran the clippers along my scalp, my hair fell to the ground, I closed my eyes waiting for him to be done, I felt a tear slowly creep down my cheek .

The buzzer stopped, it was quiet. I opened my eyes to find Derek staring down at me, he gave me a smile kissing my forehead . "Now what do you say we go bake some cookies?" He whispered softly in my ear .

I stood up and sniffled before lookin at myself in the mirror, I just had to see what I would look like without my hair.

My heart dropped, I swallowed harshly as my breath became shaky, I looked down, I couldn't look at myself.

Derek  hugged me from behind kissing my neck lightly, I looked up at him in the mirror, I sobbed softly crying in his shoulder "I'm hideous" . Derek places his index finger under my chin,  lifting up my head "Are you kidding? Baby, You're absolutely gorgeous, I never seen you anymore beautiful. It's adorable" he slightly chuckled, a tear fell down his cheek but he wiped it away with the hem of his shirt.

"I'm still scared.. what if I get worse? What if I Die? You won't have me anymore-."

"Don't say that, you're doing fine so far, you're taking this a lot better than I thought you would." He whispered softly kissing the front of my hands . I sighed giving him a small smile, I walked into the bedroom grabbing one of Dereks snapbacks, placing it on top of my head .

Derek smiled at me grabbing me by the waist "Wanna whip up a batch of cookies?"  I nodded my head kissing his cheek, walking downstairs and into the kitchen . Derek kissed my temple grabbing the cookie mix out of the cabinet, I helped him all of the ingredients and things we need to start baking . All of a sudden I felt dizzy, I leaned against the counter, I felt my stomach began to churn, I quickly ran over to the trash can, throwing up my guts . Derek rubbed my back, I rinsed out my mouth letting out a groan. "My doctor said I shouldn't have anymore side effects"

"Maybe it's just a minor?" He questioned continuing to make the cookies, "Aren't you supposed to get the test results back today?" He began to roll the dough into cookie form .

"Yeah, who knows though" I shrugged my shoulders eating the batter off the spoon. "Don't eat all the dough! We need that" Derek placed the bowl on the other side of him, I stuck my tongue out at him before flicking some flour at him, he gasped as some got in his mouth .

I laughed, he wiped his face off on a towel "Oh that does it! You better run little girl" he smirked grabbing a huge handful of flour, I began to run quickly around the house screaming, "Stop running!" He laughed catching up to me, I all of a sudden made a sharp turn causing him to fall onto the kitchen floor spilling the flour all over himself .

I laughed my ass off walking in front of him, I held out my hand helping him up, he pulled me down with him "Derek don't!" I shrieked as he rubbed flour all over my head and face . He giggled shaking the flour all on me, he helped me stand up grabbing my waist .

"We're such a mess" I chuckled kissing his jaw "A hot mess" he exclaimed kissing my nose, he gave me a towel, I cleaned my face and head before looking at the ground to find flour everywhere "You're cleaning this up" I set the towel on the counter, preparing the cookies to go into the oven .

He mocked me jokingly before sweeping up the flour, "what about our clothes?" I questioned . He smirked and only said one word "Shower".

"I'm taking one first" I placed the cookies in the oven, setting the timer . He slowly walked over to me pouting his lip "That's not what I meant"

"What do you mean?"

"Let's take a shower together" he mumbled interlocking his fingers with mine, "you haven't seen me before I had cancer, now that I have it, I've gotten sicker and skinnier" I looked down clearing my throat .

He lifted up my chin making me look him in the eyes "I don't care". He kissed my forehead "I'm not as durable or strong to hold myself up"
"I'll hold you up, I'll never let you fall." He kissed my nose . I licked my lips "But I-."

"Whatever it is you're trying to say about your body, I don't care." He kissed my lips "It doesn't matter if you're skinny or fat, it doesn't matter if you have big breasts or small breasts , it doesn't matter if you have an ass or no ass. All I care about is that you take a shower with your loving and caring boyfriend. Can you do that?"

I swallowed softly letting out a chuckle before sniffling, nodding my head softly .

The timer went off making me jump a little, Derek grabbed the cookies out of the oven, setting them on the counter to cool .

He grabbed my hand and pulled upstairs into the bathroom, Derek looked over at me "Would you rather take a bath instead?"

"Sure"

He turned on the water adding as much bubbles as he could, I smiled sitting down on the toilet watching him prepare the bath, it was cute and the most sweetest thing.

He took off his shirt, beginning to undress. Derek was already sitting in the bath, he smiled at me. I began to undress myself, finally I slowly climbed into the tub, Derek grabbed my waist, making my body tense up, he pulled me as close to his chest as he could, lightly pecking my shoulder.

I turned my body so that I was facing him, he smiled grabbing some bubbles and placing them around my mouth, making a bubble beard . I chuckled doing the same thing to him, I laughed at how ridiculous and childish we were .

"You know what id always wanted to try?" I questioned drawing shapes in the water . Derek softly kissed my back "Mm what's that?"

I took a deep breath, here goes nothing . "Bath Sex... I mean- I don't even know if it's possible this tub isn't very big" I laughed nervously.

"Oh?. You're right, this is pretty small but the showers not" he smirked grabbing my hands . I licked my lips looking down and back up at Derek "So?..."

"Oh you mean now?" Derek chuckled getting out of the tub drying himself off, wrapping the towel around his waist . "Yes, if you don't want to, you don't have too" I replied putting on my robe .

"Well-."

My phone began to ring, Dereks face lit up before he answered it, "Hey Dr Delong, this is Derek."
I smiled softly, Dereks smile grew wider than mine "Alright I will tell her, thanks" He hung up the phone pulling me into a tight hug before giving me a long passionate kiss .

"What is it?!?"

"The test results came back positive"

"You mean my cancer is gone!? I'm cancer free?"

"You're cancer free" he smiled kissing my forehead, I could feel happy tears form my eyes, I sighed relaxing into my boyfriends arms .

"Can we go uhm...."

"Fuck?"

"Mhm"

"Yes definitely."

Hey y'all, haven't talked to you in a while, if anyone is even reading this 😂.

I hope you liked the chapter, Hell I hope you like the book, please comment and Vote ❤️🦋