Friends (Part II)

Start from the beginning

"I enjoyed my down time as well. Thank you for having me, but I have to make sure this place is spotless before bossman arrives. " I said regretfully.

"IT'S NEVER THE RIGHT TIME TO SAY GOODBYEEEEE!!! BUT WE KNOW WE GOTTA GO OUR SEPARATE WAAAAYYYSSS " Devon blurted randomly.

Then he began to fake cry.

I couldn't help myself I let out part of my laugh. He is to much but I couldn't help it I kinda joined in.

"I know it's hard but I gotta do it. Cuz it's killing me so it's never the right time.. Right time to say goodbye. " I sang out lowly, or what I thought was low.

You know how a song can hold such a key moment in your adolescence that anyone time someone sings it you automatically start singing? This was definitely one of those moments.

I instantly covered my my face in embarrassment. While I was a human jukebox I didn't always feel comfortable singing aloud especially around people I barely knew.

"I see you. Let me find out you can hold a note. " Dev said adding a playful wink at the end.

Whoops.

I was so embarrassed I wanted to bolt of out of the room but I was frozen in place. "Uhh. " was all that would come out.

I was deeply insecure about my voice. After being told my mother how terrible of a singer I was I didn't have the courage to sing as much as I wanted to. So I didn't. Yet here I am again making a fool of myself. So much for making friends.

--

Dewayne Pov

I was taken aback. It was only something slight but I wouldn't mind hearing her sing a full song. I mean she was humming in class today but I didn't think that much of it besides the fact that it was soothing.

Dev tried to make light of the situation but I could tell she was beyond embarrassed. So much so that she looked like she about to run away.

"Hey it's okay. No need to be afraid. " I said to her reassuringly.

"I really need to get back to work. " Zaria going back to normal.

"It's cool. Gimme my hug tho." Devon said fake pouting.

She gave him a small smile and gave him a small hug. Once she did he squeezed her fake crying.

"Imma miss you dawg. You sure you gotta go back I don't really want to be stuck with them." He said still fake crying trying to act like we could hear him.

I wanted to straight face him but I couldn't help but laugh at facial expressions. The dude was comedy and I could tell he was trying to lighten the mood since she was so uncomfortable.

She giggled and let go of him going over to Tre as he outstretched his arms she gave him a hug.

I decided I wanted another hug. She came over to me and I pulled her into another a brief hug. Even from the brief contact, I was still able to catch her scent. But before things got to weird she moved away.

I am beginning to get annoyed about how weird I'm acting, especially since I was doing it in spite of myself.

"Have a good day at work. I'll probably see you tomorrow. " Tre said.

"Don't be a stranger. " I said giving her a simple smile.

She looked shocked for a little bit but then she cracked a small smile. "Alright. Y'all have a good night and drive safe!" she said sweetly.

"Bye friend!" Devon said waving at her.

She laughed and waved at him "Bye!"

She turned around went back into the kitchen. I didn't want to leave but I forced myself to walk out the diner with Devon and Tre.

We hopped in the car and left the diner. I let my mind wonder.

How could a girl a sweet as her have beef with my girlfriend? Maybe she had a different side than what she previewed in front of me and my friends today. I know I can't say I completely know her, but it's strange how much animosity she gets daily. 

But even if Tracey had a valid reason for not liking her, I couldn't get behind Tracey's behavior today. It was beyond disrespectful.

The thought of how Tracey carried on pissed me off all over again. I stared at the road in front of me, until I felt my phone vibrate. I looked down I seen I got a text from my girl.

Princess ❤️👑🤤

Bae I am so sorry! 😕😩 I miss you so much. Can u please come over so we can talk about it. I hate when you get mad at me 😔

Part of me didn't want to be bothered because of how bratty she was acting today, but I love her.

I responded to her.

Be there in 20.

If I get there and she on that bullshit I'm leaving.

Zaria Pov

I went back into the kitchen to find Kyle smirking at me. That's never a good sign.

--
That's all folks. I am so sorry I haven't been updating but I have been very busy with school. But I will be working on the next part of this. And OMGG MY BIRTHDAY IS IN TWO DAYS I AM SO EXCITED.!! LOL but just remember to please vote,comment and share. I love y'all.