70🤍

Three months later

Three months later...

I'm outside helping Chuck build on a building that Atlee wanted for the pool. A little pool house to change wet clothes so the inside of the house doesn't get tracked up.

She's gotten so big that Lake should be coming any time. We have kept the name a secret for now. We want it to be a surprise.

His room is all ready to go. Trent helped me it's a two-tone blue color and the theme is Where the wild things are with different animals in the room. She did have him a crib built with his name in it that I put together last night and now the room is off-limits.

"So the baby will be here soon huh?" Chuck asked.

"Oh yeah should be any day and she's ready she's so miserable," I said.

"Well, we are all excited for him to get here." He laughed.

"We are so excited it's like this is all I have wanted my whole life and didn't know it. I married Atlee on a whim and I'm so thankful that I did." I smile.

A couple of hours later Atlee made it down to the pool area and laid back in a lounger to get some sun and watch us.

"Are you feeling alright?" I asked her.

"Crampy but ok I think." She said.

I went and got us all a lemonade and sit on a lounger next to her and Chuck. The lemonade hit the spot for sure.

I look over at Atlee and liquid hit the ground. "Did you spill your drink?" I ask.

"No why?" She asked.

"There is liquid pouring onto the ground," I said pointing.

"Oh no, I bet my water broke." She said.

I jumped up to help her up and sure enough, it was coming from her shorts. While Chuck helps her to the escalade I run inside to grab her hospital bag.

Chuck said he would lock up the house and call Trent for us.

We head to the hospital when Atlee grabs her stomach and moans out.

"I'm sorry just a few more minutes and we will be there," I said.

We pull up at the hospital and I jump out and run in and get someone. The nurse follows me out and helps me to get Atlee in the wheelchair.

Once inside they take us to a room to check Atlee and I decide I better send a group text to everyone to let them know we are here.

I know Brooke will be here soon. She wants to be here for Atlee. Trent will stay with Lola I'm guessing.

The nurse tells us that Atlee is dilated to a four and they are going to move her upstairs.

Before they take us upstairs Brooke arrives just in time. "I'm here baby boy can arrive now." She smiles.

"I'm four centimeters already," Atlee said.

"Ok let's head up to the baby floor and get you situated." The nurse said.

Once upon the baby floor, Atlee has a pained look on her face and Brooke is rubbing a wet washcloth on her forehead.

"I'm sorry I wish I could help you," I said grabbing her hand and bringing it to my lips.

"Right now I just want these contractions to go away." She said gritting her teeth.

She finally dozes off to sleep and Brooke and I sit at the bottom of the bed and talk.

"Anything she says right now she doesn't mean." She said.

"I know I just wish I could help her in some way. I know she's miserable." I sigh.

"When she wakes up she's going to want an epidural and maybe it will go by fast then. I know it did for me." She said.

"I hope it goes fast for her too. I can't wait to meet him." I said.

"I can't wait to find out the name. I begged for her to tell me but she won't." Brooke laughed.

"You will find out soon enough," I smirk.

Atlee opened her eyes and smiled at us before her eyebrows tensed and she grabbed her belly.

"I'll go get the nurse," I said.

As soon as we walked back in they got it all set up so that Atlee could get the epidural. She was at six centimeters.

Once they let us back in the room she was smiling and was calm and dozing back off to sleep.

"I'm sure this baby is coming today. If you need to go Brooke we will understand." I said.

"Trent is fine with Lola and if he's not Debbie said to bring her over to her." She laughed.

"Debbie is so going to spoil him." I laughed.

"More than Albert? He's probably already bought him a boat." She laughed.

"It's probably true." I laughed just as Dr. Snap walked into the room.

"Hey, folks! I just want to check Atlee and see if we have reached ten or not." She said.

"I feel fine Dr. Snap." Atlee smiled.

"I see that epidural has worked nicely. It looks as if you are at a Ten Atlee. It's ready to push. Let me go get the nurse." She said.

I walk over to Atlee and kiss her lips. "I'm so proud of you and soon he will be here," I said.

Atlee put her hand behind my neck and pulled me down for another kiss. "I'm ready Tate." She smiled.

"If your ready then I'm ready," I said kissing her again.