38🤍

I help Atlee onto the jet and help her get buckled up

I help Atlee onto the jet and help her get buckled up. Brooke sits down beside her and she's confused. I didn't tell her they were going with us.

Atlee was excited to know Brooke and Trent were going with them. What she doesn't know is Dex and Debbie went and got the furniture I ordered delivered and moved around so we will be comfortable.

Then we have plans to make blueprints for our new house. I reach over and squeeze her hand while Brooke is talking a mile a minute.

"Sorry to interrupt but Atlee do you want to go lay on the bed?"

"There is a bed on this jet?"

"Sure come on let's go lay down," I said helping her up.

"Sorry, Brooke we will catch up in a bit." She said.

"It's no problem go get some rest, Atlee." Brooke smiled.

I walked her back to the bedroom and shut the door and helped her to get in bed. "Are you comfortable?"

"Thanks, Tate I am. Will, you lay down with me?" She asked.

"Of course I will." I take off my shoes and get in the bed and snuggle up next to her.

"Thank you for taking care of me and bringing me back home." She smiled.

"Oh, Atlee I would do anything for you. You should know that by now." I wrap my arms around her and hug her tight and close my eyes.

It wasn't long when Trent knocked on the bedroom door to tell us that we need to take our seats and buckle up that we are about to land.

I help Atlee back to her seat and we buckle up and prepare to land. Once we are on the ground and in the airport Dex is standing waiting on us.

"Why is that guy smiling at us?" Brooke asked.

Atlee laughs. "Because that's my brother Dex."

"Thanks for coming to get us!" Atlee said hugging her brother. "This is Trent and Brooke."

"Nice to meet you guys. I'm sorry, I brought Dad's truck and Debbie said to bring you guys to the farm for a good breakfast." Dex said.

"Oh Shit, I can't wait to get that food in my belly." I laugh.

"Is this the food that he's been going on about for a week?" Trent laughs."

"That would be the food." Atlee laughs.

I wrap my arm around Atlee and help her out to the truck while Dex carries our luggage.

He helps me to get her up in the truck and we head to the farm. I'm excited to see my grandfather.

Wasn't long until the house came into view again and I look over at Atlee and she smiles.

Rusty meets us at the door and helps Atlee out after he hugs her and kisses her face.

"Rusty this is Trent and Brooke," I said.

"Nice to meet you guys. My home is your home." He smiles.

"Nice to meet you. This farm is stunning!" Brooke gushed.

"Thank you! Later we can go out and pick some berries if you like." Rusty smiled.

"That would be great! I'm so excited." Brooke laughs.

I help Atlee inside and Debbie hugs her gently and helps me set her at the table. "I appreciate it guys but I'm ok really but I am starved and will take some of everything." She laughs.

"And I will take two of everything." I laugh.

Debbie laughs and swats my shoulder. "You got it Tate but would you go get your grandfather he's in the living room."

I walk into the living room and see him sitting in a chair at the window. "Oh, Tate I'm so glad your back. Where is my sweet girl?"

"Grandfather she's at the table. She is slow-moving and sore but we are happy to be here. Dad didn't come with us he had a few other things to tie up but Trent and Brooke came." I said.

"Oh, good let's go eat then. I can't believe your mother. I swear Tate she better get put away for a long time." He said standing up.

"I think she will grandfather. She called last night and admitted she was going to stab someone be it, dad or Atlee." I said.

"That stupid bitch. That's what greed does to you." He said as we approach the kitchen.

"Oh, there is my sweet girl." Grandfather bends down and kisses Atlee's cheek. I can't help but smile. I love their relationship.

"Oh, Albert I have missed you so much. It's nice to see your smiling face. How have you liked staying at the farm?" She asked.

"Oh its been delightful I love it here and the view is something else." He smiled and sit down.

Everyone gathered around the table and I feel right at home. This is where I'm supposed to be with the love of my life.

Atlee leans over and looks at me. "Are you ok? You are in deep thought."

"I'm better than ever. It would be perfect if dad was here but I like being here surrounded by family." I smile at her and lean over and kiss her cheek.

She turns and kisses my lips and giggles. "I'm glad you here with me too."

After dinner, we head out to the fields to get berries but Atlee stayed on the porch with grandfather. I got them both a cup full of berries and walked back while the rest were still picking.

"I brought you both some," I said handing them out sitting down beside Atlee.

"I'll share with you, Tate." She smiled placing a strawberry at my lips. I take a bite and then turn it to her to take a bite and damn if her lips don't look good wrapped around that berry.

"I see that look in your eye Tate." Grandfather laughed.

"Hush this is my wife and if I wish to devour her I will." I laugh.

Atlee hit me on the chest. "Tate Oh my god really?"

"He started it." I laugh.

"Oh yeah blame the old man." Grandfather laughs.

"It was worth a try." I laugh and grab her hand and kiss it. "I'm sorry."