55🤍

The rest of the night went by with us in front of the tv finishing our movie

The rest of the night went by with us in front of the tv finishing our movie. I carried Atlee upstairs to bed and made love to her into the morning hours.

Now it's 8 am and I'm up drinking coffee getting ready to head over to the house and learn more from Chuck.

Atlee is still in bed and I wrote her a little note.

I'm headed over to the house to work with Chuck. I hope you enjoy your day. I love you! Text me when you get up.
Love Tate.

I gather up my thermos of coffee and quietly slip out the door. I drive over to the property and man Chuck has got a lot of things done. I'm so excited to get into this house with Atlee.

"Morning Chuck!" I smile as I walk up.

"Hey, Tate! How's it going?" He asks.

"It's going! I figured since I missed yesterday I would come help out today." I said.

"I didn't think you would show up after the wedding. I really appreciate Brooke and Atlee including Renee. She doesn't have many friends and is a homebody." He said.

"Atlee don't have many friends either. I don't think she had a true friend before everything happened until she met Brooke. She did mention getting with Renee and Brooke this week to have lunch." I said picking up a board.

"Oh yeah, Renee has already told me all about it." He laughs.

By lunchtime, I walk over to the farm and see Dex and Rusty out in the field.

"Hey, guys! How's it going?" I ask.

"There is my favorite son in law," Rusty smirks.

"Did you guys hear about yesterday? There was an accident and we stopped to help and the car was flipped over and smoking we pulled the couple out and the man wasn't breathing and Atlee gave him CPR and got him to breathing and it was none other than Curts parents." I said.

"Holy shit!" Dex said.

"Last night a cop called and said Sue wanted Atlee to come to the hospital so she could thank her but Atlee declined. She said to tell Sue she did it for Curt." I said.

"I don't blame her after all the harassment she's received from her," Rusty said.

"Yeah, Atlee is something else. I wish you guys would have seen her work." I said.

"That's my little girl. She's always been a spitfire. I hate this town turned on her and she gave up what she loved." Rusty said.

"She loves helping me with Watchology and helping out over here but I don't want her to waste her talent," I said.

"She would tell you if she didn't like what she was doing." Dex laughed.

"I would hope so. Well, I better get back and help Chuck. You guys come over and have a look when you can." I said.

"We will. cya, later Tate." Rusty said.

I walk back to the house and find Atlee's Suv in the driveway. I walk into the house to find her and Chuck laughing talking about cabinets.

"Hey!" I smile at her.

"Hey there! I thought I would drop by with lunch and you weren't here." She smiled.

"I went to visit your dad and brother and told them to walk over." I smile and pull her into my arms and kiss the side of her head.

"We were talking about the cabinets and how very soon we need to be picking out the hardware." She smiled.

"We have a lot of things to pick out. Lighting fixtures and toilets and tubs and well everything." I said.

"That's the fun part, Tate. When do we need to start doing that Chuck?" She asked.

"You can start anytime but maybe put it in your garage at home because for now. You have so many things to pick out that it can get overwhelming." He said.

"Guess we have a trip to the hardware store to make Tate." She smiles.

"Yeah, I guess we do. Then what we can't get we can look online and have things ordered," I said.

"You guys get out of here and go look for items and we will work a few more hours and head home," Chuck said.

We say goodbye and I follow Atlee out to her SUV. "I'll follow you home and then we will head to the hardware store," I said getting in my car.

We spent over an hour in the hardware store picking things and it helps that the owner is friends with Rusty and gave us a discount on what we bought.

We head home and walking into the house it smells so good. "What is that smell?" I ask.

"I made a beef roast with potatoes, carrots, and celery in the crockpot. It should be ready if you want to eat." She said.

"Of course I want to eat who do you think you are talking to?" I laugh.

"Yeah, why did I even ask? I already know the answer." She laughs.

"I'm going to go change and wash my hands. Be right back." I said heading upstairs.

When I walked back down Atlee had the table set just waiting on me. I walk over and kiss the top of her head before I sit down. "This looks so good I can't wait to try it." He said.

"Tate, did you never get a home cooked meal?" She asked.

"No never Mother just always had food ordered in. She didn't cook." I said taking my first bite.

"What do you think? Do you like it?" She asked.

"It's delicious thank you for cooking Atlee. So you want to look for more items online at the place Chuck told us about?" I ask.

"Yes after dinner I think we should look over and pick what we want and can agree on." She laughs.

"We don't have to agree on everything but we have an open budget." I smile over at her and wink.