60🤍

I'm so nervous to step back into the courthouse again today

I'm so nervous to step back into the courthouse again today. I pray I get called first so I can get out of here.

Trent is on one side of me and Tate on the other with Beck. Tate grabs my hand and holds it tight.

They Bring Hazel in and she looks right at me and smirks. I drop my head until my name is called.

My legs are like jello getting up on the stand. I sit down and focus on Tate. He winks at me.

"Good morning Mrs. West thank you for coming today." The prosecutor said.

"So do you see who stabbed you in this courtroom?" he asked.

"Yes I do... The defendant," I said.

"Were you aware that she had a weapon that day?" he asked.

"No I wasn't aware and I never seen the object," I said.

"She never liked you did she?" He asked.

"No, she didn't and hated the fact that Tate and I married and took over his grandfather's company," I said.

"Do you think that's why she wanted you dead?" He asked.

"I would assume so yes," I said.

"How are you feeling now Mrs. West? He asked.

"My wounds have healed but mentally I haven't been one hundred percent plus recently she sent someone to my house to scare me," I said.

"Your honor we have those tapes for the court to hear." The prosecutor said.

"Let's hear them." The judge said.

I cringed internally because I hadn't heard them.

"I want you to go over to their house and break in and scare her. Rough her up a bit too." Hazel laughed on the recording.

I held my head high and looked in her direction. I must say she looks awful and scared right now.

"That's all I have for Mrs. West, your honor." The prosecutor said.

"Defense your turn." The judge said.

"Mrs. West is it true that she only stabbed you once?" He asked.

"That's correct but only because I had her in a headlock," I said.

"Your stab wasn't life-threatening was it?" He asked.

"Yes, it was! it was a couple of centimeters from my liver." I said.

A picture of my stab wound is brought up on a tv screen.

"I see... So tell the court how you spent some time in jail." He said.

"I'm not on trial and don't see how that's necessary," I said.

"It shows how violent you are." He said.

"I suggest you move along Mrs. West isn't on trial and was acquitted of all charges." The judge said.

"Fine, I'm done with the witness." He said.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I made it back to Tate. He walked out with me while Trent stayed with Beck.

"You did great Atlee. I'm so proud of you." He said kissing my lips.

"I'm so nervous but I didn't do badly did I?" I ask.

"You were great! Now let's get out of here and head across the street to a diner." He said.

We walked across the road to this cute little diner and got a couple of cups of coffee and doughnuts.

We sit around thirty minutes when Trent and Beck enter the coffee shop.
"Well it's over we can get out of here. The prosecutor is going to text me details." Trent said.

"Well let's get the hell up out of here," Tate said.

On the way back to the motel Tate called and got the jet ready. I never packed so fast in my life I want out of here and back to Folly Beach.

Plus Brooke is close to having Lola and I don't want to miss that.

We load up on the jet and take off and it doesn't take long until we are landing in Folly Beach and we see a smiling face as Dex waits on us.

When we arrive home I breathe a sigh of relief. "I've never been so happy to be back home. I'm so tired." I yawn.

"Let's take a nap I'm tired too. Maybe put this stressful day behind us." He said.

A couple of hours later we wake up and I find a text from Debbie.

📱Dinner is at six. Chicken alfredo is on the menu.

📱Sorry, we took a nap. Be over soon.

"Tate we have dinner at the farm at six if you're interested." I giggle.

"You don't even have to ask." He laughs.

We head over and my dad greets me on the porch in a big bear hug. "I missed you, Atlee."

"I missed you too dad. So glad to be back and we are hungry." I laugh.

"Yeah, I'm hungry" Tate laughs as we walk in.

"Chicken Alfredo is done so Tate will you get the plates out please." Debbie smiles.

We all gather around the table and my dad says grace and we all dig in. No one is asking court questions and I'm glad because I don't want to live it again.

After dinner, I helped Debbie clean up while the guys went out on the porch. "I'm glad your back sweetie. I know that couldn't be easy for you." Debbie said.

"It wasn't but I'm glad it's over." We joined the guys on the porch until way past 10 pm and figured we should head back home.

As soon as we got in the house and changed Tate went poured us two glasses of wine and we sit in front of the tv a couple of hours to wind down a bit.

"I'm ready for bed how about you?" I ask him.

"If it involves you being naked then I'm more than ready." He laughs smacking my butt up the steps.

"I swear sometimes that's the only head you think with." I laugh

"When you are around I do." He grins and tackles me to the bed placing kisses all over my face.

" He grins and tackles me to the bed placing kisses all over my face