40🤍

After breakfast, we all helped clean up and then went upstairs to shower and change and head over to our new rental to go over plans

I have so many notes on my phone of what we want and don't want and Atlee left a lot of the decision making up to me since she's not picky. That's one thing I love about her.

We all met up downstairs and Dex drove us over to our new rental. It's a cute place but it's no forever home.

"Here we are, guys!" I said.

"Well, this is really cute in person," Brooke said.

We all head in and our mouths drop when we see everything is put in place and looks nice. "Well, who did this?" Atlee asked.

"That would be me and Debbie. She wanted it to feel like home when you walked in." Dex said.

"She is the sweetest. That was so nice," I said looking around helping Atlee to the couch.

Brooke wanted to go shopping so Dex took her and Trent while we went over plans and then when Dex gets back we are going over to the property to talk to the contractor so we can get the concrete poured soon.

We went over everything and I was happy when it was done and Atlee was as well. She laid down on the couch and took a nap while I worked on Watchology for a while.

I was deep in work when my phone beeped.

📱Son I'm getting on a plane soon. I'll see you in a few hours.

📱Ok, dad be safe.

I go to check on Atlee and she's sitting up rubbing her eyes.

"Hey, sleepyhead how are you feeling?"

"I'm good sorry I fell asleep but the pain meds seem to knock me out. What have you been doing?" She asked.

"Working on work stuff and when Dex gets back we need to meet up with the contractor I hope you will be ok with Brooke?" I ask.

"Sure or you can take us back to the farm and we can help Debbie with dinner." She said.

"Would you feel up to going out to dinner or you want to lounge around?"

"Probably lounge around I'm sorry Tate."

"Don't be sorry it's really ok." I walk over and lean down for a kiss.

Atlee's phone dings and she reads it. "Well, that settles things. Debbie said come over for dinner she's making chicken and dumplings."

"Holy hell I've never had those but I know it will be good." I laugh.

Trent and Brooke walk back in with Dex and a bunch of bags of stuff.

"Did you buy out the whole store?" Atlee giggles.

"Well, I got a lot of cute things," Brooke smirks.

"Debbie is making chicken and dumplings so we all are to head to the farm," Atlee said.

"And I need to head to the property so we can get the plans to the contractor if you wouldn't mind Dex," I said.

"Sure no problem let's load up." Dex smiled and walked over to Atlee to help her get up.

I walk over to help with Atlee. "Guys I can get up I'm just sore."

"Sorry, sis just wanted to help you." Dex smiled.

Once we dropped the girls off we headed over to the property to get started with the contractor Chuck.

He said they would get started the beginning of next week and I'm excited to tell Atlee about it.

"Man this property is great Tate," Trent said.

"Does this make you want to move here?" I laugh.

"Brooke really wants to be near Atlee so I may have to make it happen. Do you think I could practice law here?" Trent asked.

"Don't mean to interrupt but my dad's friend is ready to retire at his law practice I'm sure he could talk to him for you," Dex said.

"That would be awesome and well if so then I need to get my ducks in a row." Trent laughed.

We get back in the truck and head to the farm. I am so ready for these chicken and dumpling.

I walk into the kitchen to find Atlee sitting at the table laughing with Debbie and Brooke. Brooke actually has on an apron and peeling potatoes.

"Wow, Brooke you look so domesticated. I may need a pic." I laugh.

"Hush Tate! I need to learn to cook if I'm going to move here." She winked.

I walk over and kiss the side of Atlee's face. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok just watching this one learn to cook is funny." She smiles.

"You know how to make all this delicious food?" I ask.

"Some of it between my mom and Debbie I know enough." She smiles and pulls me in for a kiss.

"Alright, love birds let's get to working on this berry pie." Debbie smiles.

An hour later everyone is around the table in the dining room ready to eat. I can't wait I feel like my mouth is watering.

I'm happier than a pig in mud. That food was so delicious and that pie oh god. I walk Atlee out on the back porch to sit in the swing. "So Chuck our contractor said they will start first thing next week."

"Oh, Tate that's exciting. How long do you think it will take?"

"I'm not sure he hasn't given me a time limit yet. I'd say he will tell me next week. But looks like Trent is considering. Your brother said some lawyer was ready to retire your dad knows."

"Oh yeah, Sonny! I'd say he is he's pretty old. Why don't you go ask my dad for Trent before we forget." She said.

I head down a strawberry field and look for Rusty. "Hey, Tate! Came for berries?" Rusty laughs.

"Noooo for once, I can say I'm full." I laugh.

"Debbie sure knows how to cook doesn't she?" Rusty laughs.

"That she does but umm I come to talk to you about Trent. Dex told me Sonny might like to retire? I think Brooke is making Trent moved here."

"Oh yeah I can talk to Sonny I'll give him a call Tate."

"I appreciate it," I said leaning down picking a big strawberry walking back to the house.