first workday pt 1: tension

Sebastian's pov.

I debated whether I should leave or stay with Kira.

"That was an order, Sebastian." Ciel said sternly.

I growled under my breath, my eyes glowing fuchsia, but I nodded and left.

Hmmm. *He didn't tell me to do chores, so I could easily sneak Kira with me. I am a demon, after all.* I smirked to myself.

"Sebastian!"

I smirked as I walked back to Kira and the young master: "yes, my Lord?"

The young master sighed, clearly irritated. I wonder what I have done this time... ?

"Did you tell Kira to sneak a cat into the manor?!" He asked annoyed and a tad angry.

Oh shame, I didn't want Kira to get in trouble: "yes, my L-"

"N-No, Ciel! It was my plan. Really. I saw this kitten and... it didn't have a home, so I wanted to take care of it..." Kira answered quickly.

"Sebastian. Is this true?" She nodded and so did I.

The young master sighed: "I guess that, since I already allowed you to keep a pet, I'll have to let you keep the cat." Ciel said to Kira, sighing.

*Oh, he knows her one day and allows her a kitten. He has known me for, let me tell you, a whole time longer and I can't keep a pet... not that it keeps me from hiding kittens in a closet...*

Kira tried to bite back laughter, but a small giggle escaped her lips.

*why did she giggle? Something funny?*

Kira smiled widely as she said: "thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you Ciel!!"

Ciel looked approvingly at her. Then I asked Kira if she could help me with something.

"You can probably do that by yourself, Sebastian. Why ask Kira to help you?" He glared.

"Oh, master I'll occupy her for just one moment. Then you'll get her back."

The young master blushed.

I had already prepared a basket with food and sweets in it as a suprise for Kira.

"Whatever..." the young master appeared not to care, but I knew better and smirked as Kira got up hesitantly. She carefully watched between me and my master, obviously sensing the tension.

I offered her my hand, but she declined, looking down a bit. Seeing her decline my outstretched hand, made the master grin. Of course.

I led her away, my hand just behind her back.

Kira's pov.

*oh the tension. I'm just glad it's over... for now.* I thought as I walked with Sebastian.

I opened a random door and pulled him inside the room, closing the door again.

Sebastian looked startled at first, but then a smirk appeared on his face.

*perv*

"So, Sebby."

"Yes? Why did you pull me in here?" Sebastian asked.

"What do I need to help you with? I'm sure that, whatever it is, you could do it perfectly on your own. As Ciel said." I asked suspiciously. I mean, I dunno. Maybe he wants to devour my soul?!

"Hmmm, Kira. You smell nice." Oh okay... ? Changing of subject? Ain't going to happen...

"You mean my soul? Tell me. Do I even have one?" I asked laughing, this time with a hint of curiosity.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about." He politely said.

"Like HELL, Sebby. You know exactly what I'm talking about. The demon thing, you know?" Sebastian was suprised: "you know... ? How?"

"... Ciel..." I hesitantly said. Sebastian's eyes glowed pink.

"So, could you answer my question?" Sebastian nodded : "you seem to have a... pure soul, but it's darkened just a bit."

"Hmmm... Now that that's cleared up, what were you planning on doing with me?"