Phase 24

"Hey, Amethyst." Marmalade called out to her.

        "Marmalade? Where are we? I'm pretty sure I was lying down in the bed."

        "I summoned your consciousness here, into this space I created," answered Marmalade.

        "There's nothing here, just... white." Feeling familiar, Amethyst suddenly thought of that white book.

        "As I thought, seeing the real form of everything, that is your ability. In fact, I decorated this space to your liking. I guess it was for naught." Marmalade sighed.

        "What happened?" asked Amethyst.

        "The seal broke. All the needless exposure to magical particles sped up the process. Your body went into shock because it can't stand the enormous magic you have."

        "Will it heal?" Amethyst was worried.

        "Don't worry, this was caused by a sudden exposure. Your body will get used to it soon."

        "Will you stay with me?"

        "That depends on your choice. I shouldn't keep you here any longer. Go. Everyone's waiting," said Marmalade as everything turns bright.

        "Will you be there?" asked Amethyst.

        "Of course, alongside the people you hold dear."

        Amethyst opened her eyes. Dad, mom, Marmalade, Taffy, the research team, teachers, classmates, she missed them dearly.

        Rouge and Honey entered the room. Noticing Amethyst sitting up, the both of them rushed to the bedside.

       "How are you feeling, dear?" asked Honey.

        "Are you hungry?" asked Rouge.

        Amethyst nodded and stared at Rouge. "You look like me."

        Honey giggled and said, "It's the other way round, dear."

        "I'm feeling a lot better now, mom. I'm hungry, dad." Amethyst said as she hugged the both of them tightly.

       "Welcome back, dear."

        "I'm glad to be back."