Prologue

Nico's POV

I ran.  I couldn't deal with Percy right now, or the rest of camp, and especially not that Annabeth Chase.

Bianca was dead.

I think I had known for days, but it can't be true.  She's Bianca Di Angelo, she will never die.  I felt the shadows reaching out to me as the forest recoiled from my angry passage.  I felt myself leaning into the shadows as well, they seemed to call to me.  A branch tripped me and I fell, right on my face.  I couldn't be bothered to stand so I just lay there, exhausted from using my powers and shocked from the confirmation of her death.  Her judgement finished, she had achieved Elysium as I had expected, but it was cold comfort.  She was gone and no matter how nice her afterlife was she could never be with me again.

A few hours later I got up.  I was the son of Hades, maybe I could bring her back.  But first I had to understand what I could do.  So it looks like I'm headed to New York to get to the Underworld, with any luck I'll find a ghost who can tell me what I need to know.

A/N this is a lot shorter than the actual chapters but I wanted to put this in at the beginning and it didn't go with the first chapter.  I update irregularly but I try to update something at least once a week and usually several things a week.