10. Bucky

Bruce's POV

Two days.

Nico has been missing for two days and no matter what we've tried he hasn't shown up. This morning Tony got the world wide web up so we'll find him, but he has to show up on camera first. He's been taken by HYDRA, and they're great at hiding. Everyone's been really worried, I even had to drug Tony to force him to sleep. We told Peter that Nico was fine but couldn't talk to him at the moment to keep him from worrying, but that doesn't stop Natasha from training until she's almost passing out. Clint actually broke a bow because of how wound up he is and Steve's been freaking out. I have to admit it feels horrible. Nico's been trying to leave this entire time and we've forced him to stay partly to keep him safe, but then somehow people broke in and kidnapped him, leaving no sign behind but a slightly lower heat in the bathroom. We got no visuals and no leads. I asked Clint and Natasha if Budapest was connected and they said no, but still refused to tell me what exactly happened. "Mr. Banner, please come to the common room," JARVIS says.

When I get in everyone else is already there. "What happened?"

"I included some other people for JARVIS to scan for, and found someone who died years ago. Steve you should sit down." Tony's dead serious for once and this worries me, he hasn't sounded this serious since we found out Nico vanished.

"What is it? I can handle it?" Steve says, but I notice he sat down. Tony says nothing, but slides a picture across the table to him. He stares at it for a moment before whispering "that's impossible."

"What is it?"

"Bucky, but I saw him die before I went into the ice!"

"But no one ever found the body."

"But where has he been then? He must know I'm here, so why hasn't he contacted us."
Tony looks away, trying to avoid the conversation. "What if HYDRA has him."

"God" is all Steve can say. If HYDRA has his friend there's no telling what's left of him.

"Where was he?" I ask trying to focus on more practical matters.

"Just a short plane ride away, close enough to have been the one to kidnap Nico." This day just keeps getting better. Now Steve's old friend may have been the one to take Nico. If he did that'll mean we'll have to fight him, and right now I don't think Steve can.

"How fortified is his place?" Natasha asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Not sure, but I think the five of us, or really the four of us could take it." Tony says pulling up a digital replica of the place. "There's some sort of fortified basement and I have no clue what's in there, but it can't be that big and there's only one way in, or out. It's not on any documents, so it's highly illegal. I was hoping Steve could figure out an attack plan, he knows their tricks."

"Tony and I will go in the front door, we've both got armour and aren't the best at sneaking around. Hopefully Clint can take out all the outside guards quickly and quietly first. Maybe get Natasha to help if there's a lot of them or they're in pairs. Afterwards Clint stays outside to watch our rear while the two of us storm the place. Nat will do her spy stuff to keep hidden, as a backup if things go wrong. I'm thinking Bruce stays in the quinjet to make sure nothing goes wrong on any screens we have up, and to come in as a last resort. We'll also want some basic first aid and restraints, just in case. They tried a test super serum on him, so make sure they're really strong. After we sweep the place Fury and a few of his trusted agents can gather up any materials they deem important, maybe Clint and Nat help if they think it would be useful, and we don't need them."

"So I shoot everyone outside, you and Tony charge in, Nat sneaks in, and Bruce waits in the jet in case everything goes to hell," Clint sums it up quickly.