chapter 37 True Fear

Start from the beginning

"What are you guys doing here?" Tenten asked frowning. I held Neji tight warning him not to move. In this moment when my hands were on him he was at my mercy. My kekkei genkai was dangerous. So was Rintaru's. He can't take both of us on and win. Not that he'd fight us to begin with with.

"Leave if you want to live." I snapped frowning in her direction. She just frowned back ignoring my warning.

She must've gotten the wrong idea because she threw her kunai at my head. Rintaru caught it with ease. Turning around he made his hand sign that conjured up lightning and coated the kunai with it.

"If you dont want this to hit you then I suggest you leave this place." He said dangerously low turning around to face her. She backed away an inch but didn't leave.

He was about to throw it making it barely miss her when Ibiki of the torture and interrogation Corp stepped in from the shadows.

"Its best if you leave this area." He said seriously looking at Tenten. He saw the situation we were in and immediately knew what had happened. Unlike Tenten who was oblivious.

"But the threatened me." She argued. He gave her one look before she flinched back and took her leave but not before glaring at the two of us.

After she left and was fully out of sight I relaxed a little bit but I didnt let go of Neji. Neither did he fight me either. He seemed to be relaxed in my arms.

See I knew I'd be able to calm him down. They just don't trust me.

"Mind telling me what happened?" He asked us seriously. I glanced to Rintaru who nodded towards me to go ahead.

"We were watching from afar while he trained. He was doing fine until she showed up. It seemed like she wanted to console him, maybe flirt with him. However ..." I stumbled across my words. "... it didn't seem he took a liking to that idea and we saw the situation was getting dire so we stepped in."

"And you thought you two were enough to hold him back? Seems to me he didnt fight you." Ibiki summarized.

"We are strong kekkei genkai users sir. He doesn't stand a chance if we went head to head. Two on one." I said emotionless. I felt Neji tense up against me seeing as I hadn't let go yet. Yes she was gone but he was still on edge.

"I see and you two aren't a threat to our village?" He asked frowning. He was testing us. However neither Rintaru nor I faltered under his gaze.

"No sir. We'd never betray this village. Not after it gave us a home to belong. A home we could come back to." I said proudly. Ibiki seemed to like my answer because he smiled. It was a slight one but he did.

"Alright then go on home now." He said before turning around and leaving.

"Neji?" I asked curious. We looked to him to see him watching us intently.

He said he'd never hurt us. But somehow his gaze didn't feel comforting. I frowned squeezing his shoulders pulling them back making him wince in pain.

"What?" He finally answered. I relaxed and allowed him to relax against my chest. His demeanor changed making both of us sigh in relief.

We didnt want to fight him. He was one of the few people whose trust didn't falter when it came to us.

"You're coming home with us for tonight." Rintaru said seriously. He kept a blank expression on. We were serious. He knew he couldn't struggle against us. Not  if we teamed up.

He gave up and released his byakugan. I took that as a sign of defeat and let him go. But I quickly knocked him out but not before apologizing.

I nodded to Rintaru as I carried him on my back while we headed for my little apartment.