Chapter 3

Griffin's P.O.V.
A cyborg.
That's what I am. I'm a freaking machine.
But there are the perps of being one.
For example:
You have awesome powers.
You get to go to Lrignaf Academy For The Gifted.
And that's about it.
The rest of it sucks.
I'm not gonna go into detail about it, you seriously don't want to know.
But anyway, today was the first day of school, and so far, it wasn't going well.
My mom woke me up at 5:00 A.M.!
Can you believe that?
My brother kinda made up for it by being totally hilarious.
He panicked because he couldn't find his keys, causing all the animals in the neighborhood to freak the heck out.
It was awesome! No dog, cat or pet was silent.
Sorry, Amitt's power is basically anything involving animals.
There are five people in my family (not including the ones we've fostered or the ones in college):
Me, my brothers Amitt and Shadow (it's a nickname his real name is Lucifer). Their powers are to control dark energy (Shadow) and animals (Amitt) and I'm just a cyborg.
The other two are my parents, Sara and Kyle Jackson.
My mom (besides being the best mom ever) is powerless, but my dad, is different.
He may have been in a wheelchair since he was 13, but that doesn't mean his telekinesis isn't still intact.
In fact it is so intact that he works at our school.
I'm a sophomore, Amitt's a senior, and Shadow, is a freshman.
The money it would take to send us all to that school?
Oh lord help us.
Luckily, we don't have to pay.
Our dad teaches Powers 101
What's that?
It's basically a class that teaches you how to responsibly use your powers.
How many super villains have come out of dads class?
None.
He's that good.
Our mom is awesome too.
She co-owns an art store in Brooklyn called Party Painters Supplies & Co. With one of her junior high friends, Sally Jones.
I've never actually met Sally, or her family, nor do I plan on it. I'll just take my mom's word that she's awesome.

...

Amitt finally found his keys.
It was a good thing too, because I don't think the neighbors could have taken anymore of the ruckus their pets were causing, I'm surprised one of them didn't call the police.
We piled into the minivan, Amitt driving, dad on shotgun, and Shadow and I in the back.
Mom usually took later shifts at the store, so she would take the bus or something.
With all of us strapped in, we sped off to school.