Chapter 17

Jade's P.O.V.
I did not realize how much my head hurt until I reached the elevator in the hospital.
"Oh god, how many of those rocks hit me?" I asked myself.
Rosie shrugged, "Dunno, I was knocked out the entire time." She said.
"Whatever, so what room number did you say it was Jade?" Kelly asked.
I was able to use the one skill my dad had taught me before he died (hacking), to find out what room number Amitt was in.
"He's in room number 401." I said nonchalantly as we walked down the narrow hallway of floor six. "Right about...." We walked about 10 more feet before I stopped, "Here," I said, gesturing towards the door on the left side of the hall.
Kelly jiggled the lock, "locked," she said, frowning.
"I got this," Eliza said as she grabbed a bobby-pin from her hair, "Much like Jade, I was taught a skill that we wouldn't use in our lives either...well, not until now," she said, putting the pin in the keyhole.
While we waited for Eliza to finish, Kelly asked pointless questions, making Rosie and I groan, "First of all," She began, "What kind of hospital, or any public holding facility, still uses a lock and key as a security system?" She had a good point, "and second of all, why did your dad teach you this stuff?" She asked.
I shrugged, "We have superpowers, it was, and still is, a necessity." I replied.
The lock on the door went click and it creaked open, "Shall we?" Eliza said in a brazen voice.
We walked in, single file, Kelly first, then me, then Rosie, then Eliza, who closed the door behind us.
Suddenly, four dark-energy hands came out and covered our mouths.
"Your unwelcome here!" Griffin's voice whispered.
I touched the energy hand and sent a shock-wave through it.
"Ow! Er...I mean, that isn't gonna stop me!" Came the voice of Shadow.
I swallowed a laugh, "Calm down Raven-Boy, it's just us, Jade, Eliza, Rosie, and your girlfrie--er, Kelly," I smirked, Kelly then made rude hand gestures directed at me.
"Anyway, hi." I said waving.
"Jade!" Griffin hugged me, and I blushed "Er..." He cleared his throat, "Uh, hello girls."
"Hel-lo Griffin, Jade," this time we both blushed, Kelly had gotten her revenge.
But before she completely won, she bumped into Shadow and their lips barely, just barely connected. Haha.
They both went into blush-shock, while we laughed our heads off. Suddenly, there was a loud moan.
"Amitt!" Rosie squealed as she ran over to his hospital bed.
"Oh, Rosie...uh greetings from Mars, uh I mean...hi," he groaned.
"My goodness brother, you look awful! Do you need anything?! I'm at your every command."
"Uh, I'll take some water please," he half smiled half winced.
"Water, yes. THE MAN NEEDS WATER! GET SOME H2O! WHAT ARE YOU SNAILS?!" I punched Griffin's shoulder and he got some water, then they began to focus on the us.
"Did you see that explosion?" "How did you get here?" "Your dad thought you two what?" Where all questions they asked us about our trip here, I left out the part about me running around like an idiot trying to find Rock Head for...obvious reasons.
They talked and talked while I just looked around the room.
It was small and dank, we six barely fit in ourselves. It's were walls painted an ugly shade of blue, that was completely mismatched with the cabinet near Amitt's hospital bed in the middle of the room.
I was staring out the window on the opposite side of the room at the dawning sky when I heard a knock on the door.
And the person I hate the second-most in the world (right below Danny) walked in.
A blue-eyed, short cropped slicked back brown haired boy named Elias Reach.
When he walked in he was pretty surprised to see that, we were here, "Oh, I see you're currently..." He glared at me coldly, "Preoccupied."
"Oh, Elias, do you dislike my girlfriend?" Griffin asked, walking towards me, I froze.
"G-girlfriend?" Elias stammered, my lips were still sealed together in shock.
"Yup, Jade Waco is my girlfriend," Griffin said as he stepped in closer to me.
"But she's...a freshman and...her..." Elias's mouth hung open.
"You betcha." Griffin replied.
"I hate you," Elias snorted, and we laughed, well, all except me, I was, still in immense shock at the latest update.
"Oh, I remember what I came up here to tell you, Principal Rally is downstairs...course he'll be surprised to find your already here, he put Jennifer on that..." He said to himself. He looked up, as if just remembering the world excited, "Anyway, c'mon," Elias opened the door and led us downstairs. Rosie let Amitt rest on her shoulder (which is about three times too small for him) since he hadn't gathered all his strength back.
About halfway down the stairwell, Griffin came up to me.
"Hey, thanks for playing along back there," he chuckled.
"P-playing along?" I asked, what was he talking about?
"Yeah, you pretended to be my girlfriend to annoy Elias," he laughed again, "You should have seen his face." He said in a singsong voice.
My face fell, "O-oh yeah, n-no prob," I stammered.
He jogged up to Elias and began to tell him the truth, leaving me alone.
I died a little inside that day.

...

Amitt may be injured, but that does not mean it doesn't annoy me when he goes slow.
Amitt took 10 minutes to get downstairs, and he took the elevator.
But it was all worth it.
Principal Rally was there and also was...my aunt.
"Hello Jade, Eliza, Kelly, Rosie, Amitt, Griffin, Shadow," she said with her signature smile, "And Elias, thank you."
"So...I guess I'll be going then?" He asked, rolling his bright blue eyes.
"Yes, Mr. Reach, I'm afraid so," Principal Rally replied and Elias finally left.
After he was sure Javear wasn't snooping, (and I was) he began the conversation, "Okay," he began, "I bet your wondering why I called you all here?" Principal Rally asked rhetorically.
"Yes, and why I was sent no wheelchair," Amitt groaned.
"And why our Aunt Sally is here?" I added pointing at Eliza.
"And wh--"
Aunt Sally cut us off, "Okay, okay, we get it, your confused, but I promise all--" she glanced at Amitt, "--most of your questions will be answered."
Rally began, "Four years ago, the government established a protocol for an elite team of super-teens, and we have chosen you seven as candidates." He than beamed.
Aunt Sally looked annoyed "I've been working for three of those years with Mr.--sorry--Agent Rally here to find you all."
"Wait, Aunt Sally you're a--"
"Secret agent yes, and a mother and an aunt and a business owner and a caregiver, I'm lots of things." She replied quickly.
"Who do you work for?" Eliza asked.
"The Governmental Association of Advanced Military Weaponry, or G.A.A.M.W. for short." She smiled again.
"Last question," Shadow narrowed his blue-gray eyes, "What's this protocol you speak of?"
Princi--er--Agent Rally replied, "Protocol number 101, Team B."