Chapter 18

Griffin's P.O.V.
For the next two and a half weeks, all I did was text freshmen.
Kelly still could not believe that they had chosen the name Team B for the squad, she thinks it's a coincidence, but...I had my suspicions.
I'm also starting to regret telling Jade that the girlfriend thing was a joke used to upset Javear.
It's not that I feel bad for letting her down...its just that, now instead of her wanting me, I want her.
I have a crazy life.
I should say "we" though, "we" have a crazy life.
Ever since we all started hanging out with each other, the freshmen have become super popular amongst themselves and the other grades, I mean, Shadow already had a lot of street cred from being Amitt and I's brother, now even more so.
We were all anxious for our first mission, and finally, on Wednesday September 21, we got our fist assignment.
A villain known as Little-Miss Disappear was attempting to blow up Central Bank.
We had no clue why, we were pretty sure she was just crazy...but there could be other reasons...
Jade was so excited it was adorable, all the freshmen were, but she was adorably hot, while the others were just funny.
"This. Is. So. Amazing." She kept mumbling in Powers 101, (some of her classes are so advanced that she has to have class with sophomores)
Finally, Principal Rally called, and we were put into the most embarrassing costumes ever.
Spandex super-suits. They were all black, and all spandex, but none of us really complained, it was our first mission, and we didn't want to make a bad impression, so we shut our mouths.
"Okay, here are the files," Agent Rally handed us a file filled with information about the villain.
"Oo, scary," Kelly said sarcastically as she pointed at a picture of her.
She really wasn't all that impressive, she looked in about her early 20s, she had long blond hair that she pinned in a ponytail, a black mask that she wore over her eyes, and a blue and black spandex suit that was probably supposed to make her look sexy, but only half-worked.
The saddest thing about her was her shoes. They were black and went up to her knees, they were high heels which would make it easier to catch her, they were also probably meant to be sexy, but didn't work.
"So that's her?" Jade asked, just as unimpressed as I was, "She just looks like some slutty girl to me."
"Jade, watch your language!" Agent Jones scolded Jade.
"Yes, Jade," Agent Rally interrupted "But what you do not realize is that her um...prettiness is one of her many weapons." He said.
We all looked at him like he was insane.
"Yeah but what's her actual power?" Amitt asked, looking annoyed.
"This is why we have the files, now hurry up! We have a tight schedule!" Principal Rally groaned.
We each read the files, well...skimmed them actually, but it turns out she's pretty tough.
Her power is invisibility, she's fast, crazy, and flexible...basically Harley Quinn without a bazooka.
They believe her name is Mariah Pince, she works at a bar downtown and has a pretty bad life, especially when her boyfriend Roberto left her, then she went crazy...aww, poor girl.
"So here's what y'all are gonna do:" Agent Rally began, "Swoop in, take her down bring her back here, got it?"
We all looked at each other, "Got it."
"Well then what are you waiting for? Go!"
And our first official Team B mission began.

...

Jade's P.O.V.
They weren't kidding when they said Little Miss Disappear was crazy.
The look in her eyes were enough to tell you that she was unstable, but her words told you she belonged in an insane asylum.
"It looks like--" she said G.A.A.M.W. like it was a word "--has brought some little tiny children of the corn."
"What the hell does that mean?" Kelly asked before she punched Little Miss in the face.
"You shouldn't have done that little kitty..." She said simply before she disappeared completely.
"Where'd she go?" Eliza asked stupidly.
"Right here," came a voice and suddenly she was on the ground.
"Eliza!" I screamed.
We all scattered, trying to find her and stop her, when suddenly I noticed something.
Little Miss didn't exactly disappear, she just masked herself the way a cloaking device does. I noticed that if you looked closely, you could see blurred lines moving across the sidewalk, and this time they were heading straight for Amitt.
"Amitt, behind you!" I screamed. Amitt quickly turned around and spotted a fist coming at his head. He blocked, and twisted her wrist.
"Wowwww!" She had a crazy tone of voice, "That hurts!"
She fell to the ground, and Amitt turned into a lion, and pounced.
Without knowing what I was doing, I jumped in front of Little Miss Disappear, and he stopped dead in his tracks.
"What are you doing? I had her!" Amitt was furious.
I looked him dead in his dark brown eyes, "The mission was not to kill her, it was to capture her!" I yelled, "She's delirious, she has no idea what she's doing!" The other team members stopped and began to watch the argument.
"I'm trying to save everyone!" He screamed.
I narrowed my eyes, "You wanna be a hero? Well your doing a pretty poor job of it!" I was rabid, "You don't always have to kill someone to save the day!"
Griffin backed me up, "Yeah Amitt, chillax, she's mental," he said making me grin like an idiot.
"Thanks Griffi--" suddenly, something grabbed my ankle and pulled my feet out from under me.
I fell to the ground, and everything went black.